• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I'd like to chime in on the Tudor Black Bay Red Zf on the SuperReps list. I was all set on getting one but after reading reviews of rep vs gen I found the pip and the font differences are a huge tell and a deal breaker for me. Now I'm hearing complaints about the bracelet and dial alignment. :(
Yes i agree it is OBVIOUSLY a rep ! Anybody who knows watches will call it out in 10 seconds with the naked eye .

Ebs

Looking Around
2/6/23
Turkey
Thanks for this stunning list and work. Maybe it was writed but consider thas it is a reminding. Chopard Alpine Eagle one of my favorites

RaphyR23

Looking Around
12/6/23
Sydney Australia
Short time reader and first time poster!

Seriously, I had no idea there was such a culture around watches! I am amazed at how many people have actually taken the time to put these guides together. Whilst there is so much to read I am finding it quite easy to follow, and understanding the own language that has evolved from this forum!

I actually wanted to get my hands on a Gen Rolex and realised that I wanted to actually wear one now and not one when I'm 5 years older ( when a new one becomes available) and less of a hit to the hip pocket.

I also like when some of the OPs do mention who they dealt with.

Anyway I'm carrying on, just wanted to say thanks to the contributor(s)

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Short time reader and first time poster!

Seriously, I had no idea there was such a culture around watches! I am amazed at how many people have actually taken the time to put these guides together. Whilst there is so much to read I am finding it quite easy to follow, and understanding the own language that has evolved from this forum!

I actually wanted to get my hands on a Gen Rolex and realised that I wanted to actually wear one now and not one when I'm 5 years older ( when a new one becomes available) and less of a hit to the hip pocket.

I also like when some of the OPs do mention who they dealt with.

Anyway I'm carrying on, just wanted to say thanks to the contributor(s)
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and WELCOME to RWI from the official reception front desk team!

You found the right place! You are receiving this reply either because you posted in the "New Members Say Hi" subsection or because I spotted one of your first posts on RWI elsewhere. In the latter case, please consider going to the aforementioned section and introduce yourself there.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members section (in all subsections) as they contain important information for newbies and most importantly our forum rules!

A good starting point is this list of important resources on RWI:

Also, this please take a look at this particular sticky thread:

If you need further help, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We're always happy to help, but please keep in mind that we're doing this as volunteers. We have busy lives outside of the forum, so please allow some time for PM responses!

[This is NOT an automated message, despite it being a standard text. Replies are welcome & will be read by an actual human!!!]

netacc123456

Looking Around
9/3/22
Any thoughts on the Rolex Sea Dweller 4000 Noob V2? I couldn't find it on the list. Curious if others have any feedback on that

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
Any opinions on the Omega Aqua Terra Worldtimer by VSF? It's been out a few years now.
I know people will point out some microscopic details about the globe, but apart from that it seems to be pretty good?

Reactions: Hovisbap

sakray

Horology Curious
15/5/23
Philadelphia
Any opinions on the Omega Aqua Terra Worldtimer by VSF? It's been out a few years now.
I know people will point out some microscopic details about the globe, but apart from that it seems to be pretty good?
It's a decent rep, but they also are known for having slight issues with regards to the 24-hour glass ring. In particular, they usually seem to sit a bit too low, resulting in some of the numbers being slightly obscured. To me, it's a pretty easy tell vs gen, which usually has the ring sitting perfectly.

Reactions: Hovisbap

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
FWIW, had my eye on the OF Breitling Endurance chronos for a bit, they seem to be worthy of consideration as NWBIG, according to the consensus in the thread discussing them.