• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

You are welcome

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
If you've just joined and are reading this, welcome to RWI.

If you are brand new & can't post on the forum, please click on the email that was sent to you and confirm your account. You cannot use the forum as a member without confirming your account via email. If you did confirm your email address, please log out, clear your cookies and log back in. If you still have an issue, try confirming your account again via email, if after all of this you still have an issue, please contact the RWI Help Desk.

If you're not new, but instead clicked another link and ended up here, please consider this a little refresher ;)

RWI is a community of watch lovers, both genuine & replica, spanning all corners of the globe.

Several fora came beforehand, but in 2006 RWI was founded on several principles & below they are ranked in order of importance:

#1 Identify / Prevent scammers selling replicas as genuine (on eBay or gen fora)

#2 Train an army (self-trained people) with the knowledge found on RWI to identify aforementioned scams.

#3 Have a forum where like-minded people can discuss this hobby.

#4 Allow the sharing of forum friendly dealers who are known to not scam, price gouge, or take advantage of people.

#5 Allow the trading or sales between members that align with our mission (see all above).

#6 Have fun

As you will come to learn, the knowledge on here is unparalleled & if the question has not already been asked, and thoroughly answered, which is unlikely, you are guaranteed to get the answer somewhere on the forum, by posting in the correct section.

Just please, for your own sake, do not ask who makes the best X, Y or Z, even in the Flame Free Zone & this excellent thread explains why.

T.L.D.R - You could ask 10 members for their 'opinion' as to the 'best' and in theory get 10 different answers. Everybody's tolerances are different and what one member sees, another may not. By reading and researching yourself, you will be able to make your own mind up and make an informed decision as to how you spend your money.

Remembering at all times, details on a watch, magnified X-times on a computer screen, are normally next to impossible to see without a loupe in real life on your wrist. Plus at a fraction of the price, 1:1 replication can not, and should not, be expected.

Image: Fakemaster

Below are some of the main areas that we feel will be helpful for new members & depending on your reason for being here, will assist you in navigating the forum more efficiently.

We would urge to you read them, as they will make your stay here, hopefully long, but even if short, a pleasant and fun one & prevent issues arising or escalating unnecessarily.

Some of the links are to old threads, and that's because the process hasn't changed that much over the years so the advice is still relevant:
  1. You choose the watch/watches
  2. You choose the factory/model/version
  3. You choose the TD*
  4. You pay
  5. You approve QC
  6. You wait
*TD sites could be out of date showing discontinued/unavailable models, so best to check availability before you send 1c.

Note that the key word here is 'YOU'

This is your money, so your decision to make, based on your research. Would you go to a car dealership and ask another customer in there what they thought about X, Y or Z you were thinking of buying?

If you decide to stop here, and go no further, click this link and read every stickied thread there, but don't ever say you weren't offered a treasure trove of collated information all in one place.

If you're looking at the length of this and thinking wow, that's a bit overwhelming, it's because it is. You're not going to learn this hobby in one sitting. I still proudly consider myself a newbie years later & predict I always will.

The best advice is to take your time, don't rush in, read & research. You have landed on an amazing forum so enjoy the exploration.

This is not Am@z0n Click and Collect, trust me when I say this is something else entirely, something far more fun 🤫

If there is a question I don't have the answer to, I am absolutely certain that there are countless experts across the globe who will help me find the answer, because we are a community.

The question is do YOU want to be part of that community?

What is the reason YOU are here?

If you want to BUY, you have several options:
  • TD (Trusted Dealer) Link
  • Supporting Vendor Link
  • M2M (Member to Member) Link
  • WTB ads (leading to a reserved sale) Link
Key reading regarding TDs:
Never google them
How to purchase
QC & QC (2 threads, that's how important it is!)
After you've ordered
Never ever do a chargeback
Read this before sending a cent

Regarding TDs, their review section is there for a reason. It is for members to leave feedback, both good and bad. Once it is factual & honest, there is no problem with that, but you will see several, shall we diplomatically say, 'unreasonable / emotional' reviews & the responses they elicit.

Your choice of a TD is a very important one, one not to be rushed.

My advice would be, when deciding a TD, to check whether their preferred payment method suits you, their shipping costs, their first order refund/replacement policy in case of customs seizure/loss. Do they offer any discounts for certain payment methods. These are what will differentiate them.

The factories produce the watches, the dealers source. We have over 20 TDs, so the choice is yours.

Key reading regarding M2M
Protect yourself

If you want to SELL, there is the M2M (Member2Member) trade area.

Selling is a privilege and strictly policed.
There is zero tolerance to any breaking or ignoring of the rules.

Please pay special attention to Link.

"I didn't know" is not a defence, don't try it, you will be wasting both your and our volunteer staff's time.

If you list an ad, you are ticking you have read the rules, if you haven't - boom, it's game over, reset time.

So if you get Nuked, don't argue, it'll make matters worse. You were nuked for a reason, learn from it.

The M2M area is where you can buy from, and sell to, fellow members - do not abuse it, or you will lose access to it.

For your own sake, do not conduct back door deals (that is one without an approved sales thread). If anyone is offering one, via PM, and is not prepared to do a reserved sale, that should be a red flag, and reported to Staff.

If you want Repairs and/or Modifications or perhaps have a technical question, you can ask the experts in the Tech Section.

If you want to talk sh!t and check out some NSFW stuff Link

English is the language to be used in ALL areas, bar the International forums, the main ones being:
German
French
Italian

If you want to see what happens to those that break the rules & trust me when I say, you do not want to get an <INMATE> banner attached to your avatar, check out The Brig.

As you can see there is a section for most things and even an Off-Topic one.

And here is some additional reading for those looking to delve even further :)
Constitution of RWI
Rules
Terms and abbreviations
RWI is not a sales site
Multiple accounts

The best advice is that when you go into any new section across the forum you check out the stickied threads at the top.

This is information deemed, by the Powers, to be exceptionally helpful, informative & therefore worthy of pinning.

If you're thinking of asking a question, chances are it has been asked and answered, so I would start there.

If after reading all this, you want to support this amazing forum, that's easy, it costs very little & is always appreciated.

All you have to do is send a PM to @trailboss99 by clicking here and asking to become a Supporter or Patron. Full details on the many reasons why you should can be found by clicking here.

All that's left is to enjoy exploring the forum, ask questions of course, but know that a greater satisfaction always comes from finding the answer yourself, rather than being spoonfed the information, which is generally frowned upon here.

jM52qY.gif

If you have made it this far, all of the above is what we can offer you, how we can help you, but here's a little about what is expected of you.

A sizable amount of self-irony will help you a lot in dealing with other members. We like to have fun here and very much like your youth’s party, taking the p!ss out of someone is quite commonplace, but no one ever gets harmed in the process, and if you can laugh at yourself as well, you’ll do alright.

Common traits most members are allergic to are entitlement, over-sensitiveness & arrogance.

Regardless of your age, background, gender, race, bank account, whatever, you’re inter pares here, no one gets a preferential treatment of any kind.

Respect the next guy or girl and you’ll be respected.

It’s important that you can differentiate between posting in the forum as opposed to directly interacting with a physical person.

A memorable quote from @p0pperini
"Unfortunately, misinterpretation of the written word (lacking as it does the critical additional nuances of facial and tonal expression), leads time and again to misunderstandings and subsequent squabbling"

Please keep this in mind if at times you feel another member may have been disrespectful towards you.

He may not have been, he may have omitted an emoji, the sarcasm didn't convey in text, the joke fell flat, English may not be his/her first language, or they may have intended something different entirely.

Just take it easy, lay back and just enjoy the company and the banter, don’t take everything too seriously, we are here to have fun in good company.

There’s a lot to learn here and being open is the best way to get to the information you are looking for.

Quoting @Teamjlf
"Be prepared to read up, educate, discuss and arm yourself with the reality, and then go forth. Doing it the other way around is a fore gone conclusion."

I hope this helps to put things into perspective and you now know, not only what you can expect, but equally important what is expected.

If at any time there’s something you don’t understand, or you feel is off, then you can always rely on both @Feefo & @eBoy, our New Members Area Section Moderators.

They've got your back, if you follow the rules.

Last edited:

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Helluva work, P. You da man!
Love Boat Smile GIF

Reactions: P..DR..D