• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Breitlings- Endurance Pro series

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Breitling released today the new Endurance Pro line of quartz chronos in Breitlight cases. Five colour options.

Thoughts?

VEc5E.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

DrHack

10/8/20
SoCal
It's definitely loud, but I like it. Would appeal to the person who likes to display flashy stuff at times. I can see it looking great while sailing :)

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
VNVOK.jpg

.... I like the straps....

And that's about it. With the thermocompensated super quartz and the breitlight they have put this in the market as a tool watch. (Although €2900 is pretty expensive for a tool watch IMHO)
​​​​​
I usually like the robust and sporty Breitlings. Especially the b50/55/etc. I also like the different colors like the abyss and such. But this watch.... no. It looks cheap and generic. I'm sure in real life it looks better as one can see the high end materials and finishing. But no, if this gets repped (probably will be) I won't be tempted to add it to my collection.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldNavitimer

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I just can't bring myself to buy a plastic watch. Breitling can call it Breitlight but I know it is only polycarbonate with a glass filler. When GF released the Hurrican I posted what I thought it cost to make the case in the Hurrican thread. (my disclaimer: I make my living via plastics)

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Yes, I remember that thread. Actually, it was the first thing I thought about when a read it was made of breitlight.

Reactions: OldNavitimer

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I’m surprised that in the Kern era it’s such a (needlessly) busy dial. Waaaaay too much going on there for an analog-only face.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I’m surprised that in the Kern era it’s such a (needlessly) busy dial. Waaaaay too much going on there for an analog-only face.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
You mean like this?

cWi82.jpg

AP crossed a line too with their new models : truncated numbers kill it, when old ROO were perfectly balanced. This one example is gorgeous!

Back to Breitling's Endurance : don't like it either. Too loud, too flashy, too complicated, and lack of sporty elegant designs some older models had.
Not for me.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Looks horrible, but I need one of those white straps for my Superocean Abyss...

slashFAslash

21/7/18
I like the design of these actually,for a plastic case quartz chrono watch the 3k asking price is too much imo. As a rep it would be great though :D