• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

ebitdaddy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/19
I have a Clean Daytona Panda V2 with 4140 Clone. See it face to face with a Gen One. I think, it's the Same Quality like the Noob One is.

Red lettering of the Daytona font though... side by side it immediately draws the eyes. Is the v2 the one with the fixed subdial sizes though? I remember that was an issue as well last time I saw an in-person comparison.

The black daytona from CF though...that starts getting a bit closer.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Okay guys. Debate is open.

First two watches:

ZF 15500 (black and blue only) as a First Class++ or First Class?
APS 15500 (blue only) as First Class++ or First Class?

Check first post if you're not sure what the difference is.

For me, ZF (V3) has potential to be First Class++, I think the dial looks amazing superior than APS but the back is worse.
I don't see how anyone could tell a fake ZF V3 on the wirst unless you give it to him and he starts measuring things with a laser, let's be honest.
It's not person but who can tell? I think it's impossible to tell on the wrist, which would make it de facto First Class++.

APS should AT LEAST be First Class, for sure, considering the overall quality. But could be more than that.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

dsk2004

5/8/22
USA

First two watches:

ZF 15500 as a First Class++ or First Class?
APS 15500 as First Class++ or First Class?

For me, ZF (V3) has potential to be First Class++, I think the dial looks amazing superior than APS but the back is worse.
I don't see how anyone could tell a fake ZF V3 on the wirst unless you give it to him and he starts measuring things with a laser, let's be honest.
It's not person but who can tell? I think it's impossible to tell on the wrist, which would make it de facto First Class++.

APS should AT LEAST be First Class, for sure, considering the overall quality. But could be more than that.

Thoughts?
I agree with you, this helps to compare https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...to-v3-with-4302-all-in-one-movement.10917856/

Merdydirty

Known Member
Certified
24/4/22
San Francisco

First two watches:

ZF 15500 (black and blue only) as a First Class++ or First Class?
APS 15500 (blue only) as First Class++ or First Class?

Thoughts?
I would put V3 ZF to First Class++, as you said dial is supreme and I would not directly care about the back. It's as good as it gets really.

Reactions: tony667

Repeth

Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
IMO, from pictures of both recent ZF & APS 15500 dials they look a decent bit off from gen where I would notice if someone showed me the watch. I've only ever owned a 15400 gen, but from the 15500 I've tried on in store the sunburst/tapisseries would be really hard to replicate.

The ZF 15400 with clone movement w/ a black dial seems the closest to gen for me, but only because the black kinda limits the sunburst effect even on the gen. The ZF 15400 w/ a white dial probably has the best sunburst IMO from pictures, but side by side to a gen white dial its pretty different also. I have a chef friend who lives nearby that often wears her 15500 in white that is one of the most stunning watches I've seen someone wear. One day :p

alpharp

24/12/21
IMO, from pictures of both recent ZF & APS 15500 dials they look a decent bit off from gen where I would notice if someone showed me the watch. I've only ever owned a 15400 gen, but from the 15500 I've tried on in store the sunburst/tapisseries would be really hard to replicate.

The ZF 15400 with clone movement w/ a black dial seems the closest to gen for me, but only because the black kinda limits the sunburst effect even on the gen. The ZF 15400 w/ a white dial probably has the best sunburst IMO from pictures, but side by side to a gen white dial its pretty different also. I have a chef friend who lives nearby that often wears her 15500 in white that is one of the most stunning watches I've seen someone wear. One day :p
I have a comparison on my profile of the ZF dial to gen. It can be hard to tell in pictures, but the gen dial is absolutely breathtaking in person and the differences are night and day. I personally think you’d need a gen dial and maybe a set of hands for the 15400 to be NWBIG. The APSF V3 hands look super promising, I might add them to my Franken once legend examines the v3 in person.

Reactions: Repeth

Repeth

Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
I have a comparison on my profile of the ZF dial to gen. It can be hard to tell in pictures, but the gen dial is absolutely breathtaking in person and the differences are night and day. I personally think you’d need a gen dial and maybe a set of hands for the 15400 to be NWBIG. The APSF V3 hands look super promising, I might add them to my Franken once legend examines the v3 in person.

Wow, great pictures! Always wanted to see the white dials side by side. I completely agree and that's probably the route I'll go with the 15400 white dial, replace the dial and hands and to me it'd be First Class++.

Typer44

21/7/16
This thread is so helpful! Thanks!
I wonder if the entry about the JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon 1368420 needs an update since if got it right, the GLC V4 is actually better than the one by ZF. Also I think the Black one by ZF is not available anymore – curios what the JLC owners have to say about this!

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple

Thanks. For the dial, we're talking black and blue only, I think many said it's almost impossible to see the difference with naked eye. I agree that white is way too easy. What do you think?

alpharp

24/12/21
Thanks. For the dial, we're talking black and blue only, I think many said it's almost impossible to see the difference with naked eye. I agree that white is way too easy. What do you think?
I have unfortunately never seen a blue boutique AP dial in person, but I can speak on the black dial. The black is definitely closest to gen, and is harder to tell. In person, I feel like the tappisserie is just completely perfect on the gen, as well as the font. You can see minute imperfections on the ZF dial that gen does not have. Note I do not have as much experience with the black dial as with the white, the only comparison I had with my old ZF was a friend’s gen 15400. I would definitely go with the black dial if you don’t want to franken the watch. It seems blue AP dials are hard to replicate, as seen on other models like the 15202.

watchman1993

Looking Around
8/11/22
Hi,
I am new myself and have actually been doing my own research. I want to get a rolex submariner 114060LN No Date. Everyone seems to say VSF is by the far best and it does look great tbf, (apparently closed down but I have been speaking to a TD and he says VSF 100% open) The other option would be ZF? Can anyone help or guide as to which of them 2 is better? What is the best movement for this watch?
Thanks All

irawatch

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/10/20
I'm debating between the APSF and the ZF 15500 in blue... How do i decide!!?

Lexington_120

Somebody's watching you
12/12/20
EU
Hi,
I am new myself and have actually been doing my own research. I want to get a rolex submariner 114060LN No Date. Everyone seems to say VSF is by the far best and it does look great tbf, (apparently closed down but I have been speaking to a TD and he says VSF 100% open) The other option would be ZF? Can anyone help or guide as to which of them 2 is better? What is the best movement for this watch?
Thanks All

Obviously you haven't searched enough to ask this question.