• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
What Patek do you guys prefer closest to the GEN? (5711, 5712, 5726... etc) Thank you
My guy, I know you’re new, but you’re really gonna have a bad time approaching threads in this forum in this manner.

There are likely THOUSANDS of people carousing this thread, especially now that we have so many noobs from Reddit hoping to obtain a perfect, flawless, once-in-a-lifetime purchase that will not only fool everyone who actually spent $50k on a gen AP, but also thinks every passerby will actually notice it and instantly think of them in a higher regard than the average simpleton lol…

Look, those who never lose (or rarely, tbqh) at this game spend endless nights and countless hours so far down the rabbit hole of research when they're considering a new watch that they forget which end is up. To come into a post that lists a consortium of watches and info as broad as this one is, and pose a question like you’re online with your personal shopper, is maddening for some, and somewhat insulting to others.

I was once new as well, and believe me, it was FAR more harsh than I’m being with you when I asked “who has the best ____” when I was embarking upon the foray into my first purchase of a rep. It goes with the territory. WE WANT NEW GUYS HERE, but we need you STRONG, not spoon fed!

cantalupo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
5/9/20
Anything with an exhibition case back is not superrep worthy imo. that includes the 5711

pre raid vsf 12x has a top notch clone movement that is better finished than previous attempts, but still has tells at a glance that it’s fake if you know ONE obvious thing to look for.

that said, closed caseback make it a super rep. the SEL center is said to be too shallow, but that’s more in comparison to older sub models. The gen has a flatter center SEL, see image

Dopegti

Horology Curious
25/5/13
What a great thread for newbies like myself. Thank you and well done. Can't wait for the latest update!

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
My guy, I know you’re new, but you’re really gonna have a bad time approaching threads in this forum in this manner.

There are likely THOUSANDS of people carousing this thread, especially now that we have so many noobs from Reddit hoping to obtain a perfect, flawless, once-in-a-lifetime purchase that will not only fool everyone who actually spent $50k on a gen AP, but also thinks every passerby will actually notice it and instantly think of them in a higher regard than the average simpleton lol…

Look, those who never lose (or rarely, tbqh) at this game spend endless nights and countless hours so far down the rabbit hole of research when they're considering a new watch that they forget which end is up. To come into a post that lists a consortium of watches and info as broad as this one is, and pose a question like you’re online with your personal shopper, is maddening for some, and somewhat insulting to others.

I was once new as well, and believe me, it was FAR more harsh than I’m being with you when I asked “who has the best ____” when I was embarking upon the foray into my first purchase of a rep. It goes with the territory. WE WANT NEW GUYS HERE, but we need you STRONG, not spoon fed!
I wish every newbie had to read this quote BEFORE they could ask the question "which XXXX rep is best" After years of intense studying this forum it seems EVERY rep has compromises (but some are really, really close!) - YOU have to decide WHICH compromise YOU can live with.

For me it's dial colour and after reading 55 pages about the new Patek 5812 I decided that it was not for me because the experts on here said the dial colour wasn't accurate enough (at this stage) so I will wait till something better in dial colour comes along.

That's the fun part about this hobby - some of the "rabbit holes" you down never end!

merlynmanson1000

Little bit Conversation...
Certified
8/4/16
Germany
I have a Clean Daytona Panda V2 with 4140 Clone. See it face to face with a Gen One. I think, it's the Same Quality like the Noob One is.

Omerrrr

Horology Curious
10/10/22
I think few of us are waiting for the update before the next buy 😉

Huge thanks for the effort that we can all enjoy from it.

Reactions: dsk2004