• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

jhelper333

Ancient Alien Theorists Say "Yes"
Certified
10/12/21
5 watches are now considered for Super Rep status.

The list will be updated in the next few weeks.
Nervous Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

Reactions: Jammydodger79

ebitdaddy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/19
Although the ZF and APSF dials are pretty impressive, they're still miles away from gen (IMO). The way the tapisserie (sp?) on gen dials catches the light is very distinctive in real life. Also, the 15500 has an open caseback, and while the clone movements are a huge step up from decorated Miyotas, the finishing on them is still well short of the finishing on a gen AP movement.

Personally, I like the look of 15400s more than that of 15500s, so I'm not intimately familiar with the various other tells on the 15500, but the dial and the open caseback are already enough to put super-rep status out of reach for the time being.

That said, 15400s have analogous dial and open-back issues, but I'd still consider the latest 15400 reps to be NWBIG. I mean, the choice between a $50k gen vs. a $500 ZF plus $49.5k worth of coke and hookers (or whatever) is pretty straightforward, IMO.

Not saying you're wrong, but the God of AP himself - @legend - has said in multiple threads now how the APSF 15500 is probably the most accurate AP on the market. And If you snag a ZF dial w/the APSF base, you've got a very strong contender to the real deal (with some obvious flaws to us, but maybe not IRL to the uninformed).

ADCJ

Known Member
13/6/20
CONUS
the APSF 15500 is probably the most accurate AP on the market.
Oh, I can totally believe that it's the best one out there, I just doubt that it reaches super-rep status. IDK—I could be wrong :)

And yeah, although I've heard complaints about some batches of ZF dials on Reddit, others do look damn good. I was particularly impressed by the color on the blue dials. I think our resident GOAP might disagree with the "contender to gen" thing, but I agree that a ZF/APSF hybrid would be pretty sick!

Reactions: TheReplicator

powersurge1234

Looking Around
25/4/22
Not saying you're wrong, but the God of AP himself - @legend - has said in multiple threads now how the APSF 15500 is probably the most accurate AP on the market. And If you snag a ZF dial w/the APSF base, you've got a very strong contender to the real deal (with some obvious flaws to us, but maybe not IRL to the uninformed).
i feel like the printed text instead of the engraved ones like on the gen could be an easy give away even to the uninformed but a beautiful movement nonetheless

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
You're right, I forgot to remove it from the list.

Rolex Sea Dweller 4000 Noob V2 (SA3135 only) looks superior and I need community feedback on that.
Also i think it is pretty consensual that the latest ZF AP Roo Diver is better than the JF v10 .There has been quite a long thread about it on here , with contributions from someof the forums AP 'experts' .They are both very good reps , perhaps both should be on list . Just my ten penneth .

tony667

Horology Curious
14/9/22
5 watches are now considered for Super Rep status.

The list will be updated in the next few weeks.

EDIT: @trailboss99 I love you

I am new in rep world and your legendary List has been of great help to me as a navigation guide. Thank you!

Perhaps could add a "Last Updated on ../../.." remarks and some whenever the List is updated? Just my humble opinion. Cheers

cantalupo

Supporter
Certified
5/9/20
VSF 126610LV should be on the super rep list (pre-raid for sure). In and out. There’s just an aversion to super repping Rolex, but there are a few. Especially relative to reps like the XF 25600 Pelagos. That watch is good but it is way further off gen than recent Rolex sport models.

cantalupo

Supporter
Certified
5/9/20
Looking forward to the update. Personally, I think that putting any open-back watches on the super rep list is a stretch.
Totally agree with this. Subs get scrutiny for random things literally no one would ever notice without the watches side by side with gen (and even then probably not) or a loupe. But a Patek or AP and VC with an open case-back decorated miyota with bad finishing..? NWBIG!