• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
Hi everyone, this is Steve. In the last couple of days ZF has updated the AP Royal Oak 15500 to V3 and we got the watch on our hands and took some HD photos.

f56106d8.jpg

The factory has not given any clear information on the upgrade, but as far as we can see, it is mainly a movement upgrade;

the ZF V2 has a Miyota 9015 and the V3 version has been replaced with a 4302 all-in-one movement, the same movement as the APS 15500 V2 version.

e26f126d.jpg

As you can see, the position of ZF V3 balance wheel has changed and is as the same as APS V2, the GEN is in about the same position! So the similarity of the back of the movement has been improved.

The main thing is that the date of the 4302 movement changes instantly, whereas the 9015 movement is a long, slow jump.

8fcf76c8.jpg

In terms of colour, the black dial is still the most reproduced.

Let's look at the most loved blue dial, the ZF V3 has become a little darker and the color difference with the GEN has become smaller.

While the APS V2 version is too dark in blue. As for the whites and greys, both factories and the GEN are still off by some margin!

Well, that's it for today's share.

There is no perfect replica, only the one you like best

Have a great time here!

Steve

Telegram: u/Theonewatches_steve

WhatsApp: + 86-17081934955

Email: [email protected]

Wechat: The5711

Last edited:

PAPA_WHALE

All a man needs is a good suit and a watch.
19/6/22
Hi everyone, this is Steve. In the last couple of days ZF has updated the AP Royal Oak 15500 to V3 and we got the watch on our hands and took some HD photos.

f56106d8.jpg

The factory has not given any clear information on the upgrade, but as far as we can see, it is mainly a movement upgrade;

the ZF V2 has a Miyota 9015 and the V3 version has been replaced with a 4302 all-in-one movement, the same movement as the APS 15500 V2 version.

e26f126d.jpg

As you can see, the position of ZF V3 balance wheel has changed and is as the same as APS V2, the GEN is in about the same position! So the similarity of the back of the movement has been improved.

The main thing is that the date of the 4302 movement changes instantly, whereas the 9015 movement is a long, slow jump.

8fcf76c8.jpg

In terms of colour, the black dial is still the most reproduced.

Let's look at the most loved blue dial, the ZF V3 has become a little darker and the color difference with the GEN has become smaller.

While the APS V2 version is too dark in blue. As for the whites and greys, both factories and the GEN are still off by some margin!

Well, that's it for today's share.

There is no perfect replica, only the one you like best

Have a great time here!

Upon further look I have discovered that ZF v3 date wheel numbers are closer to the right, compared to V2 ZF and APS V2.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
It's too bad the ZF has a spelling error on the movement... It's supposed to be THIRTY-TWO(32) JEWELS not THIRTY TWO(32) JEWEES... sigh... maybe they'll get it right on v4.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
8fcf76c8.jpg

There are 2 things I will like to comment on/ask here:

1. What did you mean by an "all-in-one" movement?

2. When you try to illustrate that the ZF V3 dial has become darker with the above picture, you can see that everything about the watch is darker, including the color of the steel bezel, case etc. They are taken under different lightings. So the new dial may or may not be darker but that is not a proper way to illustrate the point and also, I also think that the ZF V2 dial is very good in terms of the color accuracy vs gen, and that the V3 needs to be assessed under equal lighting to determine the visual closeness vs gen. The gen color is also dynamic and changes under various lighting. I do agree that the ZF 15500 dial is a lot better than the APSF one (whatever color) in terms of tapisserie geometry and texture.

Dantona1984

6/2/17
England
It shall be interesting and truly telling when somebody manages to do a side by side comparison.

It seems as first glance the only differences are the dial and the dreaded EE.

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
How can ZF actually produce those batches with an obvious spelling error on its movement?
same thing happened with the VC 4500V where it said SWSS made instead of swiss made on the back, and they had to pull it back to release with fix instead. :poop:

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I reckon the ZF dial looks better than the APS.

If they are using the same movement all the ZF has to do is fix the spelling mistake when they officially release and I think we'd have a better version. Even their bracelet finishing and the edges look better to me.

ZF always made pretty good AP reps. APS is still newish to the game.

Reactions: lawrensempx

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
The tapisserie dials for the ZF 15500's definitely have a lot more depth compared to the APS. Seems like the better choice of the two if you're not fussed about the JEWEES typo.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The tapisserie dials for the ZF 15500's definitely have a lot more depth compared to the APS. Seems like the better choice of the two if you're not fussed about the JEWEES typo.
Both the ZF and APSF dials are nothing like the gen if you study them in detail. Having said that the ZF dial, like you said, is a lot better than the APSF one where tapisseries construction goes.