• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new GMT with DD3285 QC pics and video release [finally]

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
The V2 has just been released addressing the waterproof concerns from the V1 batches along with dial printing improvements and crown updates on the bracelet so it's a moot point now.
Is it really a meaningful upgrade? I look at my dial and can't find much wrong with it...

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Certified
16/4/22
Just received my V2 clean DD3285 Pepsi on oyster and it's superb. lovely smooth positive action to the bezel, perfectly aligned bezel and date numerals in window (not sitting low like V1)

really impressed

got a rootbeer on order
There is no V2 pepsi out so far. There is only a V1 DD3285 version so far. V2 DD3285 is Batman/Batgirl only so far.

As far as the dial print upgrade. I couldn't tell any difference in QC's but I should have it in hand in a few weeks and can compare to a V1 DD3285 batch.

Reactions: big_polarbear

Colin46

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/4/23
Uk
There is no V2 pepsi out so far. There is only a V1 DD3285 version so far. V2 DD3285 is Batman/Batgirl only so far.

As far as the dial print upgrade. I couldn't tell any difference in QC's but I should have it in hand in a few weeks and can compare to a V1 DD3285 batch.
Well something is different on the latest versions as the bezel turning is much improved and there isn’t a water resistance problem so whether it’s a v2 or not it’s improved.

Reactions: mcboom

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Certified
16/4/22
I would agree the DD3285 examples do have an improved bezel action compared to the 3186's but still way too much grease. :)

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Is it really a meaningful upgrade? I look at my dial and can't find much wrong with it...
To the naked eye it’s not a visible tell. You would need a loupe or a photo that’s zoomed in 10x to see the difference

However it is a nice upgrade with the attention to details. You can see the dial printing in photo below reflect light at different angles with the raised lettering now. Job well done CF 👌🏻

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Well now my OCD is on fiiiiiiiireeeee

ocd terrets GIF by South Park

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
Do you think that in this WristSwap video in which he compares the Gen to a rep, he is using a Clean Factory rep? Or can you identify what other rep it is?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Do you think that in this WristSwap video in which he compares the Gen to a rep, he is using a Clean Factory rep? Or can you identify what other rep it is?

Looks like a clean but not the latest one as it doesn't have the DD3285

Reactions: Kevstah

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Just received my V2 clean DD3285 Pepsi on oyster and it's superb. lovely smooth positive action to the bezel, perfectly aligned bezel and date numerals in window (not sitting low like V1)

really impressed

got a rootbeer on order
Date sitting low?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
no but it you want to see if something is watertight you don’t hold it up to a lightbulb do you.
How about a waterproof tester.....?
I mesn those china reps, no matter whats declared, could easy leak in watter and then 500 bucks are gone.
Let it tested would cost 10 bucks. But everybod has to do as he wants lol

Reactions: EstebanMcQueen

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/11
To the naked eye it’s not a visible tell. You would need a loupe or a photo that’s zoomed in 10x to see the difference

However it is a nice upgrade with the attention to details. You can see the dial printing in photo below reflect light at different angles with the raised lettering now. Job well done CF 👌🏻

That’s what I’m seeing.

To be honest it was the main reason I got rid of the Pepsi I picked up in April, the print was really bad and lots of imperfections.

This new dial is improved on the one i just received, I’m not saying it’s a V2 by any means but what ever they did to this particular dial should be done to all of them.

Reactions: Tiger4 and mcboom

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
That’s what I’m seeing.

To be honest it was the main reason I got rid of the Pepsi I picked up in April, the print was really bad and lots of imperfections.

This new dial is improved on the one i just received, I’m not saying it’s a V2 by any means but what ever they did to this particular dial should be done to all of them.
It’ll eventually be on done on the rest once old stock runs out.

Thankfully the bezel action has improved as well, much smoother than the VR movement version

Colin46

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/4/23
Uk
How about a waterproof tester.....?
I mesn those china reps, no matter whats declared, could easy leak in watter and then 500 bucks are gone.
Let it tested would cost 10 bucks. But everybod has to do as he wants lol

I never had one handy, but I did have a bucket of water LOL. Well nothing ventured and all that, I thought it was worth the risk.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher