• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new GMT with DD3285 QC pics and video release [finally]

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
I found a hair wrapped around one of my train wheels once that would stop the movement intermittently. Turning the hands got the wheel past the hair and all was well again... for a while. That was quite "hair raising" til I found it but an easy fix, hehe. Hope yours is something as simple like some gunk in the stem/sliding pinion/balance stop area.

If your watchmaker isn't familiar with the 32xx Rolex movements, you have to take the whole train bridge off to get to the stem area. There is no separate winding bridge like the 31xx movements have.
Problem solved.
The screw of the pin of the winding shaft was completely unscrewed, consequently blocking the mechanism.

3JDNuX.jpeg

3JDfji.jpeg

Reaps

-
25/9/22
However, the watchmaker should reassemble the crystal straight, by turning it clockwise

For those of you with OCD, he did indeed realign it for me. Xing bezel v4 + Deep crystal.

FYI for those following this thread, my watch maker (and I) couldnt really tell the difference between clean and deep crystal. Maybe only a 15% improvement and less foggy in some angles.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
However, the watchmaker should reassemble the crystal straight, by turning it clockwise

For those of you with OCD, he did indeed realign it for me. Xing bezel v4 + Deep crystal.

FYI for those following this thread, my watch maker (and I) couldnt really tell the difference between clean and deep crystal. Maybe only a 15% improvement and less foggy in some angles.

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21

What about the crystal height and side chamfer cf vs deep?

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Certified
25/3/21

15% is quite an improvement if you ask me

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Bro that crystal looks great now but what about the insert!? No way that triangle aligns when the bezel goes one click right. At one click left all the dots should align with hour markers, arghh.

FWIW, I've aligned an insert I didn't want to remove from the bezel by adjusting the rotational position of the retaining ring scallops. That is an absolute PITA way of doing it that took multiple attempts. Unless the insert is epoxied to the bezel it'll be much easier to just remove the insert and realign it.

If you know ahead of time that the retaining ring is coming off but the insert is already nicely aligned and can stay in the bezel, there is a simple way to put the retaining ring scallops back where they were. Before removing the ring, draw a Sharpie half circle on the case inside 3 scallops around the retaining ring. Re-press the ring, then the marks are easily removed with alcohol.

Last edited:

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Bro that crystal looks great now but what about the insert!? No way that triangle aligns when the bezel goes one click right. At one click left all the dots should align with hour markers, arghh.

FWIW, I've aligned an insert I didn't want to remove from the bezel by adjusting the rotational position of the retaining ring scallops. That is an absolute PITA way of doing it that took multiple attempts. Unless the insert is epoxied to the bezel it'll be much easier to just remove the insert and realign it.

I am afraid that people start to think that we both meet every week in our favourite restaurant to have dinner and the waiters put a small sign on the table to mark as reserved table where it says "gmt bezel click fetish crew" 😂😂

Kevstah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/20
Barely 20 pages thread and already so many micro fixes to be made... We all understand it's a rep nonetheless a 600$ watch should be able to handle a basic swim as it is the case with most Noob Submariners, VSF Datejust, ZF GMT...

Honnestly put me off from buying it, but I get the appeal especially with this awesome movement

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Barely 20 pages thread and already so many micro fixes to be made... We all understand it's a rep nonetheless a 600$ watch should be able to handle a basic swim as it is the case with most Noob Submariners, VSF Datejust, ZF GMT...

Honnestly put me off from buying it, but I get the appeal especially with this awesome movement
Its not a 600usd watch. You buy it for 600usd from the TDs here. (Which includes their guarantees, WC Services and so on). Huge difference. And I get your point, but for basic swim i take a basic swim watch;)

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Certified
16/4/22
The V2 has just been released addressing the waterproof concerns from the V1 batches along with dial printing improvements and crown updates on the bracelet so it's a moot point now.

Mawcul

Horology Curious
14/3/22
Philadelphia
Just curious, but how accurate is the new DD3285 versus the VR3185/6? I have not seen any comments regarding how the watch functions, only reviews of the watch appearance.

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
The V2 has just been released addressing the waterproof concerns from the V1 batches along with dial printing improvements and crown updates on the bracelet so it's a moot point now.
Hope I got the V2!

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/11
The updated dial print is definitely a big improvement, compared to the CF I got back in April it’s night and day.

Maybe I got a good copy this time around, but very sharp raised font with much improved shape compared to the flat and thin print from before.

Colin46

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/4/23
Uk
Just received my V2 clean DD3285 Pepsi on oyster and it's superb. lovely smooth positive action to the bezel, perfectly aligned bezel and date numerals in window (not sitting low like V1)

really impressed

got a rootbeer on order

Reactions: leo6929 and mcboom

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
Has anyone noticed the GMT hand not aligning perfectly with the 👑when the hour and minute hands are set to 12? Apparently it's quite common..

Last edited:

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
Just received my V2 clean DD3285 Pepsi on oyster and it's superb. lovely smooth positive action to the bezel, perfectly aligned bezel and date numerals in window (not sitting low like V1)

really impressed

got a rootbeer on order
Have you done the waterproof test? It would be good to know if this problem has been corrected.

Reactions: Kevstah and mcboom