• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

JoelP

Looking Around
2/12/23
Hi there . I am neubi here.mine came from ctime at the beginning of january
Cf V2 insert but came with some defect on lettering. I call Ctime that told me it wasnt normal and is going to send me a new dial for replace. Does anyone had the same problem?
I was a litle sad about it because now i have to change it. Does anybody knows if its easy to do it?
Order from Ctime or Theonewatches

Reactions: CTbeforeLP

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
Don't know. But I sure know that Ctime sources from Clean and I also know that Theonewatches shows you the movement where you can find out that you get a DD3285 which comes from Clean only.

Reactions: AG91

Mkempes

Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
Hi there . I am neubi here.mine came from ctime at the beginning of january
Cf V2 insert but came with some defect on lettering. I call Ctime that told me it wasnt normal and is going to send me a new dial for replace. Does anyone had the same problem?
I was a litle sad about it because now i have to change it. Does anybody knows if its easy to do it?

I'd rather ask a watchsmith to do it.

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Many years ago I remember these GMT movements were referred to as ''bombs'' as they broke easily, is this still the case?

Mkempes

Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
The DD3285 is based on the VS3235 which is known to be a good one. Don't think there's long term experience with the DD3285 but it comes from the DanDong factory which is promising.

canariasproducts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/18
Because the official V2 release is related to the movement DD3285, not for the insert update
You're great.. I asked this a lot and no one could give me the answer. Which movement was it before? They only updated this for the Pepsi not for the Batman/girl or will this come?

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I was about to order one of these V2 GMTs but seeing how many fake Cleans seem to be going out, I don't think I want the headache!
Buy from CTime, a TD here, and you're guaranteed to get a Clean. CTime has very close connections with Clean and is the go to for Clean products.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
You're great.. I asked this a lot and no one could give me the answer. Which movement was it before? They only updated this for the Pepsi not for the Batman/girl or will this come?
The new movement has already come to the Batman as well. In fact, all GMTs from Clean have been released with the new DD3285 movement. You may need to wait a while for them but they're all out. Sprite, Batman, Pepsi, and Rootbeer. Even the new Black/Grey "gold" GMT is released.

Many years ago I remember these GMT movements were referred to as ''bombs'' as they broke easily, is this still the case?
The new DD3285 is a tank and is very reliable. The "SH3285" is less reliable and has some known issues, but is not terrible.

The VR3186 is also very reliable.

canariasproducts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/18
The new movement has already come to the Batman as well. In fact, all GMTs from Clean have been released with the new DD3285 movement. You may need to wait a while for them but they're all out. Sprite, Batman, Pepsi, and Rootbeer. Even the new Black/Grey "gold" GMT is released.

The new DD3285 is a tank and is very reliable. The "SH3285" is less reliable and has some known issues, but is not terrible.

The VR3186 is also very reliable.
Thanks for the heads up, great info

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Is seems good, have you another better pics of the serial on the rehaut?
the text on the dial looks awful to me. The Rolex writing is too thin and too much space between the Rolex and Oyster Perpetual writing. Not to mention the big belly chainring (it reminds me of the Daytona clean chainrings from a few months ago) and too wide. If this is v3, it's a huge step backwards.

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
the text on the dial looks awful to me. The Rolex writing is too thin and too much space between the Rolex and Oyster Perpetual writing. Not to mention the big belly chainring (it reminds me of the Daytona clean chainrings from a few months ago) and too wide. If this is v3, it's a huge step backwards.
Cant unsee the fat crown… really hope CF addresses this.

Reactions: j21 and diamant

DzR-ALF

21/3/23
Russian Federation
I read rumors that Clean will stop releasing the V3 version due to low demand and only the V2s version will be on sale. Has anyone heard anything about this?