• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

yuzulicious

Franken Certified
Supporter
Certified
15/12/23
Just a small fyi, been noticing a decrease in dial print quality from the qcs you’ve been submitting, i rejected a recent QC hope for a new one soon, some dials appear splotchy in stamping / printing while others appear sharp.

Mine:

Recent user’s superb example:

Classic Clean.
Thx for sharing this interesting finding. I attached here first page photo orinal owner by crime, looking at the Gen coronet it looks garish too. Clean dial print appear to be similar to Gen in my eye.

yuzulicious

Franken Certified
Supporter
Certified
15/12/23
Oh my sentence being auto correct, I mean the gen coronet looks “fattish” too

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Thx for sharing this interesting finding. I attached here first page photo orinal owner by crime, looking at the Gen coronet it looks garish too. Clean dial print appear to be similar to Gen in my eye.
Any reason there’s two different captions for the clean dial ? Or is it different versions ?

Krispe74

Horology Curious
29/9/23

Gen DW
Gen crystal
2.7mm Clark gasket
Unsure about version number for the insert.

Do you have the part numbers for the Gen DW and Gen Crystal? Also where to order the clark gasket? I want to do the exact same thing to my Clean V1 once my V3 bezel insert arrives.

Krispe74

Horology Curious
29/9/23
Also does the Gen Crystal now sit higher then the clean crystal did with the Clark gasket? I have ready that the gen Crystal is slightly thicker and can foul the second hand if its set at the dame height?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Good day, just received a clean v3 Y2L3 Pepsi. Curious, when adjust the hour hand it is not crisp and the minute hand is shaking at every hour shift during adjustment. Is it supposed to be this way. I got curious so I opened it and it has 3285 movement but just doesn’t feel right when adjusting.
It's a cheap Chinese copy so don't be surprised to see oddities. If the timekeeping is good enjoy the watch.

Reactions: gianton

MFK100

Watchaholic !
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Regardless of the versions and the great improvements by clean, the platinum fillings will tend to fade and does not give you the bright look that you enjoy the first two weeks , specially under low light. I noticed that if you brush the insert to clean with soap or watch cleaner , a layer of filling will be wiped out

Reactions: meksovic

BathDiver

Horology Curious
11/9/20
I was about to order one of these V2 GMTs but seeing how many fake Cleans seem to be going out, I don't think I want the headache!

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/5/20
My gen batman 2016 vs my clean V2S
KDq8pP.jpeg

I wash clean insert almost everyday since last month i received from ctime.
Platinum filling just fine. Not as bright as gen, but close. No layer wipe out. Looks great until now.