• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21
I have finally taken the step and ordered myself a GMT. The improvement of the watch compelled me to do so. However, I feel overwhelmed when trying to determine the specific version among all the inlay variations. Which version is it? Thanks for your help!

Who did you order from? Hont?

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
Can you show the sticker at the back?

Gunner33

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/21
A fake one at that - look at the 6
letsi said:
This isn't the latest Y2L3 batch I assume since the 6 here is the straight back 6 which is the same font as the L6V6's 6 font.

The latest batch of Y2L3 has 2628Y2L3 as the full serial where the 6 is the curved 6 font

Mkempes

Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
That is a legit Clean sticker. However afaik this is not a sticker used lately.

CCL088

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/21
I'm confused at all this seemingly derogative, to me...Curved 6 vs straight 6... info on the latest and greatest at the moment. SO... what serial, sticker, bracelet stamping # and insert versions not to mention movements are going to prevent me from ordering the BEST available REP which is what we are all looking for??? And how to verify what I'm paying for is what I'm getting?? OR is this just part of the REP gaming even after purchasing 3 REP's that BTW I and happy with.

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21
I'm confused at all this seemingly derogative, to me...Curved 6 vs straight 6... info on the latest and greatest at the moment. SO... what serial, sticker, bracelet stamping # and insert versions not to mention movements are going to prevent me from ordering the BEST available REP which is what we are all looking for??? And how to verify what I'm paying for is what I'm getting?? OR is this just part of the REP gaming even after purchasing 3 REP's that BTW I and happy with.
Clean definitely made a mess of this release lol.

SlanderingParrot

Horology Curious
21/1/24
I ordered from Ctime just before NYE and I got a serial L6V6 with some anime girl sticker. I see what you mean with straight back six. They told me it was the newest version, but this one is in fact old stock?

Mkempes

Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
This one is like a batch that Hont sold to some forum members which turned out to be fake Cleans with the wrong movement inside. That's why we asked whether this watch comes from Hont.

SlanderingParrot

Horology Curious
21/1/24
This one is like a batch that Hont sold to some forum members which turned out to be fake Cleans with the wrong movement inside. That's why we asked whether this watch comes from Hont.
Ok cool, yeah I noticed now that it was mentioned that the font on serial number is wrong. L6V6 seems to be the latest version according to my googling. Maybe some keen eyes can tell me something about what I’ve got here.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I have finally taken the step and ordered myself a GMT. The improvement of the watch compelled me to do so. However, I feel overwhelmed when trying to determine the specific version among all the inlay variations. Which version is it? Thanks for your help!

red enters inside the 8. This is wrong

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Just a small fyi, been noticing a decrease in dial print quality from the qcs you’ve been submitting, i rejected a recent QC hope for a new one soon, some dials appear splotchy in stamping / printing while others appear sharp.

Mine:

Recent user’s superb example:

Classic Clean.

Sossy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
28/12/21
🇩🇪
Hello. First, I want to thank you. After reviewing the quality control, I noticed some things, but I overlooked the incorrect font. This morning, I addressed the seller and informed them that it might be a counterfeit – and no, it wasn't HONT. The seller assured me that they sourced the watch directly from Clean. He offered to cancel the order and refund my money if I didn't trust him. Within five minutes, my money was back in my PayPal account. Therefore, I choose not to publicly discredit the seller here because he treated me fairly, even though he's not considered a trustworthy seller in this forum. It was my mistake to order there, thinking I could save a few euros. Instead, I could have lost a few hundred euros. After Chinese New Year, I will order from Ctime to ensure I get what I ordered. Thank you.

Derick888

Horology Curious
8/12/17
Which version is this? Should I look for an L6V6 or should I GL this?

Too dang confusing 😂. Help!!! 😂