• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

yuzulicious

Franken Certified
Supporter
Certified
15/12/23
Update:
Finally the new comparison of these versions! (Gen is MK3)
The light affected a lot in the pictures, it's really hard to capture the color, please take them as a reference.
Great Sharing by @CTime , really love your insightful comparison. From my screen, indoor light seems V3 look the closest. Outdoor light seems V3s match better to Gen.

Reactions: CTime

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
For me, clearly it's V3S and V2 that take the crown. V3S has the bonus that the white markers are almost 1:1 to gen in terms of brightness

Reactions: AG91

SponsorSFC

Horology Curious
28/7/23
Perth Australia
Looks rather dark and brown in office light

It does in the photo. I would blame that on the phone image processing and compression.

It definitely isn't brown in tone though. More of a dark cherry red.

I have only seen one Gen in the flesh but it has that same chameleon quality where it shifts colour on every angle and light source. Almost impossible to capture accurately with a phone camera.

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
In my opinion seems that Clean V2 insert is the most nearly to Gen version, specifically to MkII. ;)

Krispe74

Horology Curious
29/9/23
I think they all look great and makes me almost cringe when I look at my V1 :( I have however just ordered a V3 insert from Ctime to replace my 'blue/brown tomato' insert... :)

Reactions: leo6929

Esprit007

Patron
Certified
8/11/15
CONUS
Can anyone comment on how the CF v3 compares to Xing, in particular Xing v4 (pictured below)? I have a custom build with a Xing v4 and Deep crystal, and am trying to understand if it's worth upgrading the insert alone.

Hussain1986

Known Member
11/3/21
Update:
Finally the new comparison of these versions! (Gen is MK3)
The light affected a lot in the pictures, it's really hard to capture the color, please take them as a reference.

First of all; thanks for the great pictures:

V2 really has nice colour however the joint line between the red and blue is very sharp and not blending nicely as with the other versions. The bezel numbers thickness is different.

V3 bezel numbers have different thickness compared to gen

V3s platinum filling of the bezel numbers is bad.

gekkehenkie

Renowned Member
21/7/14
@CTime since pictures don't always capture the best compared to gen.
In your opinion which once was the closest when comparing them side by side?

Reactions: Hussain1986