• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
On what date was your QC?
December 15.
Is this really DW/xtal stock? It actually looks like gen and not oversized/oblong numbers like CF I have owned or seen here
Gen DW and Crystal. I'm using a 2.7mm Clark gasket. But I think 2.5mm would have been the sweet spot for the magnification. But I'm happy the way it is, I don't wanna touch the bezel assembly too much. That grease is horrible to clean up from the tools and working surfaces lol. I took most of it off but still.

Reactions: Mkempes and Akilles

Lolcat9995

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
31/5/23
UK
I think I'm going to take the cyclops off my stock V3 - anyone know what I'm going to find under the cyclops? I.e. is there going to be AR mismatch...

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
I think I'm going to take the cyclops off my stock V3 - anyone know what I'm going to find under the cyclops? I.e. is there going to be AR mismatch...
I don’t know what you’re going to find under the cyclop, but I can give you my removal tutorial

First I tried without heat, but it didn’t work as it should:

Then I applied some heat which worked much better:

…and voila, cyclop removed:

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
If the xtal is like gen, then you shouldn't do it. The cyclops have AR above and below the xtal. It will look like this:

Maybe a xtal from a daytona fits. That's a better idea.

Reactions: Uhr70 and leo6929

TKav3

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/1/23
December 15.

Gen DW and Crystal. I'm using a 2.7mm Clark gasket. But I think 2.5mm would have been the sweet spot for the magnification. But I'm happy the way it is, I don't wanna touch the bezel assembly too much. That grease is horrible to clean up from the tools and working surfaces lol. I took most of it off but still.
I’m so happy you said this was a gen DW and Crystal… made me think about selling my gen Pepsi when I saw this 🤣🤣🤣 looks amazing man

yuzulicious

Franken Certified
Supporter
Certified
15/12/23
I’m so happy you said this was a gen DW and Crystal… made me think about selling my gen Pepsi when I saw this 🤣🤣🤣 looks amazing man
Sorry for my noob question, what is DW ya?

yuzulicious

Franken Certified
Supporter
Certified
15/12/23
Ah thank you so much, no wonder its so gen like, kudos for this awesome franken job.

Was wandering is there a need to change the Gen Dial and Gen Hand Set if you pushing towards super franken GMT? Is there any noticeable different between Clean and Gen dial/hand set? Only info I pick up is the gen dial coronet might appear slimmer compare to clean fat version

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
What noone has mentioned is the easylink on the new version(s) where you can increase/descrease the length of the bracelet 5 mm without tools.

This is a great update. It was far, I mean far too tight before but now it snaps/releases great, like gen. Well done CF... Thank you for not have me drill part this anymore :LOL:

Last edited:

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
What noone has mentioned is the easylink on the new version(s) where you can increase/descrease the length of the bracelet 5 mm without tools.

This is a great update. It was far, I mean far too tight before but now it snaps/releases great, like gen. Well done CF... Thank you for not have to drill this anymore :LOL:

I feel like this has been present on all CF oyster bracelets recently?

Reactions: leo6929 and Kup1712