• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/5/20
Showing my V2S Stock from Clean
K3zX9J.jpeg

K3zTho.jpeg

K3zCRk.jpeg

K3zpQD.jpeg

K3zdsP.jpeg

Am I the only V2S owner here??

Hussain1986

Known Member
11/3/21
Showing my V2S Stock from Clean
K3zX9J.jpeg

K3zTho.jpeg

K3zCRk.jpeg

K3zpQD.jpeg

K3zdsP.jpeg

Am I the only V2S owner here??
The color in the very first picture and the clear/sharp joint line between the red and blue of the insert are more indicative of v2 and not v2s.

All version of clean inserts have the blue and red blending into each other smoothly except for v2 where they join at clear-cut line.. more like VRF max bezel

Nevertheless it’s an amazing piece you haVe sir! Enjoy it

Reactions: Valentz

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
How does it compare to your gen? Worth the upgrade to V3?

luftgekühlt

Looking Around
28/5/23
Hungary
Anyone knows the price of the V3 bezel if I want to buy it separately. Somebody quoted 218$.
Did anyone ordered lately? Did it get any cheaper?

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
V1/V2/V3 correct ?
From left to right: V1, Xing MK1 on the Met, V3

IRL this should be a matter of subjective preference and standing alone both stuff look insane on the wrist.
SBS you can obviously notice some differences however all 3 bezels can fulfill the purpose depending on what you like, which shade is the closest to you.
I'm perfectly fine with the V1 booed by some, blue looks healthier in certain angles, kinda same with the red part, also the pt filling of the V1 is more pleasant to my eyes under some light conditions

All in all, there is no wrong choice, instead of pursuing the latest, newest batch pick the one you like the most ;)

Last edited:

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
From left to right: V1, Xing MK1, V3

IRL this should be a matter of subjective preference and standing alone both stuff look insane on the wrist.
SBS you can obviously notice some differences however all 3 bezels can fulfill the purpose depending on what you like, which shade is the closest to you.
Im perfectly fine with the V1 booed by some, blue looks more healthy in certain angles, kinda same with the red part, also the pt filling of the V1 is more pleasant to my eyes under some light conditions

All in all, there is no wrong choice, instead of keep pursuing the latest, newest batch pick the one you like the most ;)
Couldn’t agree more with this - these bezel colours all look different IRL and with everything relating to aesthetics, personal preference is a HUGE factor

Last edited:

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
From left to right: V1, Xing MK1 on the Met, V3

I'm perfectly fine with the V1 booed by some, blue looks healthier in certain angles, kinda same with the red part, also the pt filling of the V1 is more pleasant to my eyes under some light conditions

All in all, there is no wrong choice, instead of pursuing the latest, newest batch pick the one you like the most ;)
This illustrates as well how Xing v5 is still really good and an alternative to the out-of-production clean v2/v2s

Last edited:

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Comparison V3 vs V2. Me personally like the V3, since I like the darker bezel.
But now Im open to sell my v2 🤣

Good to see that the numbers are equally big.. I prefer the V2, more class. However, i might change my mind when seeing them both irl

• Haha
Reactions: Akilles

Krispe74

Horology Curious
29/9/23
Just received my V3 insert, one thing I notice compared to my V1 is that the platinum plating on the V3 is thicker/deeper so the number are not as recessed as the V1, they are almost flush with the surface ceramic, not quite but not as deep as the V1. I much prefer the colors of the V3 but wish the numbers were engraved deeper or a bit less platinum applied. I know some people have had issues with not enough platinum plating filling the numbers on other versions, but on the V3 version I have they may have slightly over compensated with too much platinum filling....

Reactions: leo6929