• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Just received my V3 insert, one thing I notice compared to my V1 is that the platinum plating on the V3 is thicker/deeper so the number are not as recessed as the V1, they are almost flush with the surface ceramic, not quite but not as deep as the V1. I much prefer the colors of the V3 but wish the numbers were engraved deeper or a bit less platinum applied. I know some people have had issues with not enough platinum plating filling the numbers on other versions, but on the V3 version I have they may have slightly over compensated with too much platinum filling....

Trouble61

Looking for trouble?
Supporter
Certified
20/1/16
Netherlands
Does someone have an v3 (preferably new) i do have a new v2 but the v3 colors do suit me more….

joselito96

Horology Curious
Supporter
24/3/22
SoCal
Oh... but the colors of the V2 on the watch are already quite faded...
Lighting and camera processing make it look “worse” than it actually is. However next to the V3 the difference is noticeable!

I do think its all up to preference as some IRL friends still prefer V2 after seeing both in person.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Lighting and camera processing make it look “worse” than it actually is. However next to the V3 the difference is noticeable!

I do think its all up to preference as some IRL friends still prefer V2 after seeing both in person.
Colours are one thing, but the V3 seems to have much brighter numbers

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
There is no “better” one. Only a question of which MK you prefer. I personally prefer the v3, looks a lot more like a gen watch!

Why do you say that? What are your arguments?

luftgekühlt

Looking Around
28/5/23
Hungary
Just received my V3 insert, one thing I notice compared to my V1 is that the platinum plating on the V3 is thicker/deeper so the number are not as recessed as the V1, they are almost flush with the surface ceramic, not quite but not as deep as the V1. I much prefer the colors of the V3 but wish the numbers were engraved deeper or a bit less platinum applied. I know some people have had issues with not enough platinum plating filling the numbers on other versions, but on the V3 version I have they may have slightly over compensated with too much platinum filling....
Where did u order from? CTime?

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
I think what is evident in the back and forth is that V2 and V3 has adressed the bezel and has made the MK1 and MK3 camps happy. I think the major remaining issue to fix is this sloppy bezel action. Once that is fixed, it is as good as it can get other than the crystal.