• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
Shine a UV light on the insert and see. The change in platinum filing definitely looks like Xing. I know that Fake Clean GMTs don't have UV light but they use a VR3186 and have a Y2L3 serial, at least on the ones I've seen. The ball bearings holding the rotor definitely make this look like a SH3285.

Can you check the contact info you have for Hont against what's in the TD section here?
Edit: a few pages back it says that Clean has been using both Y2L3 and L6V6 serials
Its the correct hont.

So it's the correct sticker, serial, bracelet and everything. EXCEPT the movement and insert seem to be swapped out... I have messaged hont. We will see what he says. I was really disappointed, I had a Gen crystal and DW Ready to install. :(

I am probably gonna go ahead and install anyways.

Something interesting I noticed:

The VR/SH 3285 in this has a keyless of a 3135 vs 3235. The VR/SH 3285 in the GMF explorer has keyless of a 3235.

I am curious if this VR 3285 would have the same issues as the VR 3285 in the GMF explorer... 🤔

Last edited:

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Don't go ahead and install it. If it's not the updated one it's not worth a gen crystal and date wheel.

If he's selling fake clean there's a bigger problem, but give him a chance to explain. It may have been an honest mistake. Or his supplier fucked him. I'd suggest reaching out to him and to the mods if you can't find a resolution.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Don't go ahead and install it. If it's not the updated one it's not worth a gen crystal and date wheel.

If he's selling fake clean there's a bigger problem, but give him a chance to explain. It may have been an honest mistake. Or his supplier fucked him. I'd suggest reaching out to him and to the mods if you can't find a resolution.
My question is how did a Xing bezel end up on this?

Reactions: CTbeforeLP

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
Was this visible in the QC pics too? Or did you get another watch?
I do see the difference now when looking back at the QC. But didn't expect to look deeper into it when buying from a TD.

Oh and I should have noticed something is up with the movement when the amplitude was 309 LOLL 😂. It should be around 240 with the DD 3285/35 ... Oh well. I've learned my lesson lol

@daytonadude
You're right. I'll wait for an answer from Hont first. But at the end it's my word against his. Unless mods can see the difference in the insert from my QC pictures / videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I do see the difference now when looking back at the QC. But didn't expect to look deeper into it when buying from a TD.

Oh and I should have noticed something is up with the movement when the amplitude was 309 LOLL 😂. It should be around 240 with the DD 3285/35 ... Oh well. I've learned my lesson lol
trust but verify

file a help desk ticket, this is pretty unacceptable

Milburn1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
UK

The numbers on the insert on the blue side, have a darker shade similar to the Xing bezels. Where as the CF inserts do not show a darker shade on the blue side of the insert.
I’ve seen a fair few QCs recently from Hont where the L6V6 serial font has been the correct font like yours on both the Pepsi and the batman. If they are in some way fake cleans with a different movement and bezel etc then he’s the only td I’ve seen selling them.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I suppose that everyone that has gotten the v2s ordered pretty fast when it was released. Ctime still cant order from factory as they are trying to fix the filling issue that some got. When asking why the insert filling stays well on v2 but not v2s Ctime answered:

"The rigidity of the raw material is different, so the filling is hard to stay on the red part of the v2s bezel".

Anways. Looking at pics here v2 and v2s looks like 98% the same😄

Reactions: leo6929 and Mkempes

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/5/20
I suppose that everyone that has gotten the v2s ordered pretty fast when it was released. Ctime still cant order from factory as they are trying to fix the filling issue that some got. When asking why the insert filling stays well on v2 but not v2s Ctime answered:

"The rigidity of the raw material is different, so the filling is hard to stay on the red part of the v2s bezel".

Anways. Looking at pics here v2 and v2s looks like 98% the same😄
I have ordered v2 n v2S insert. Its on the way to my country, maybe i can post pict next week.

Let see the difference then :D
Hf6RL8.jpeg

Reactions: Akilles and mhrboy

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
someone who wants to sell his pepsi v2s:cool:

Zxjxx

Horology Curious
23/12/22
WORLD
I was suspecting that clean updated the V2 color after I got a new pepsi QC from my TD.

The first photo below was from my first QC, and the second photo was my second QC after a month. Just to be clear both are V2. Not V2S.

As you can see, the red in the second pic is less pastel compared to the first photo.

Then I saw a video on Billibilli saying that Clean secretly updated the V2 color after customers complained about the cherry red pinkish tone, which was more close with MKI than MKII.

Here is the video for people who understand Chinese:
【可乐圈或将停产?看看不耍猴的clean吧!-哔哩哔哩】 https://b23.tv/hNDox2t

Zxjxx

Horology Curious
23/12/22
WORLD
I was suspecting that clean updated the V2 color and better platinum filling after I got a new pepsi QC from my TD.

The first photo below was from my first QC, and the second photo was my second QC after a month. Just to be clear both are V2. Not V2S.

As you can see, the red in the second pic is less pastel compared to the first photo.

Then I saw a video on Billibilli saying that Clean secretly updated the V2 color after customers complained about the cherry red pinkish tone, which was more close with MKI than MKII.

Here is the video for people who understand Chinese, he starts talking about the secret update from 5:50.
【可乐圈或将停产?看看不耍猴的clean吧!-哔哩哔哩】 https://b23.tv/hNDox2t

Trouble61

Looking for trouble?
Supporter
Certified
20/1/16
Netherlands
And also the numerals on the second pic are more gen-like. I dont think the difference is only the color. The whole bezel is different.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Sospettavo che il clean aggiornasse il colore V2 dopo aver ricevuto un nuovo QC Pepsi dal mio TD.

La prima foto qui sotto era del mio primo controllo di qualità e la seconda foto era il mio secondo controllo di qualità dopo un mese. Tanto per essere chiari entrambi sono V2. Non V2S.

Come puoi vedere, il rosso nella seconda foto è meno pastello rispetto alla prima foto.

Poi ho visto un video su Billibilli in cui si diceva che Clean aggiornava segretamente il colore V2 dopo che i clienti si erano lamentati del tono rosato rosso ciliegia, che era più vicino a MKI che a MKII.

Ecco il video per chi capisce il cinese:
【可乐圈或将停产?看看不耍猴的clean吧!-哔哩哔哩】https://b23.tv/hNDox2t
The second bezel is gen! Bezel with lip

Reactions: gianton