• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
I was suspecting that clean updated the V2 color after I got a new pepsi QC from my TD.

The first photo below was from my first QC, and the second photo was my second QC after a month. Just to be clear both are V2. Not V2S.

Here we go again :LOL: i like the cherry tone more, but the numbers and plating on the new one looks amazing... have to buy one.

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
:unsure: This is the same watch in different light conditions during QC and @home…it looks completely different, night and day!

Reactions: topwatchs

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21
Numbers look more Gen in the silent update. Even the date mag looks more Gen like. Bezel teeth still off but this v2 of v2 looks good 😂

Reactions: cheeewsoap

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21

Is this real Clean? The DW font looks different from the other “new Clean” QC image posted above and the bezel assembly looks good, numbers look bolder per gen, color looks good still and the 6 letter font on the Rehaut is actually correct?

Reactions: AG91

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
For Hont, ask him to open the caseback. Someone just received a fake clean from him.

Is this real Clean? The DW font looks different from the other “new Clean” QC image posted above and the bezel assembly looks good, numbers look bolder per gen, color looks good still and the 6 letter font on the Rehaut is actually correct?

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada

I think I reached out to this member already.

Is this u/FeatureRemarkable349 ?

Fake clean. You can see the features of the Xing insert. And his timergrapher reading is not that of a DD movement.

He reached out to hont and asked for proof of the movement, and a bit later his shipping was mysteriously cancelled lol.

I think Hont will correct it.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17

Fake Clean...6 on rehaut ;-)

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
I'm a newbie to reps and this forum, so I'm wary of making claims. That said, I think one of the older members should alert the broader community that Hont is selling fake cleans.

I would expect a TD to source from the factory and do quality control. What I would not expect: that a buyer would be able to tell a VR3285 from a DD3285 movement.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Mr.Long

just the bezel, the ring is mine, I sent him to make everything ready so I can just put on my watch.
Sure you dont want to install the insert after pushing on the bezel? Risk of cracking the ceramic would be less..

Reactions: AG91

Lolcat9995

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
31/5/23
UK
I was suspecting that clean updated the V2 color after I got a new pepsi QC from my TD.

The first photo below was from my first QC, and the second photo was my second QC after a month. Just to be clear both are V2. Not V2S.

As you can see, the red in the second pic is less pastel compared to the first photo.

Then I saw a video on Billibilli saying that Clean secretly updated the V2 color after customers complained about the cherry red pinkish tone, which was more close with MKI than MKII.

Here is the video for people who understand Chinese:
【可乐圈或将停产?看看不耍猴的clean吧!-哔哩哔哩】 https://b23.tv/hNDox2t
@CTime - please could you clarify whether the V2 bezel has been updated? :)

Reactions: m3man18

Claudiomex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/12/23
Che tipo di versione pensi che sia questo inserto? e l'orologio invece?