• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

kev0172

Horology Curious
26/10/23
The clean is the best that's for sure, now for the version v2 & v2s I'm not sure if any TD can know or guarantee what they will have on the watch.
Thank you. I asked a TD for a clean Pepsi and they mentioned they have a V3. Am I right in thinking that there are two things at play here?

V3 in this context is the movement/case/version from clean

And that the V3 watch would come with a bezel that is (confusingly) either a V2 or V2S?

Reactions: leo6929

Trouble61

Looking for trouble?
Supporter
Certified
20/1/16
Netherlands
HRFniE.jpeg

HRF6Cn.jpeg

HRF8S3.jpeg

HRFtLs.jpeg

Oyster=v2s
Jubilee=v2

Imo the difference is a bit the numerals and the tone of the blue altough the angle is slightly different. I tried to capture exact same light but its difficult. In real life i can see the slighy difference in bezel colors.

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
HRFniE.jpeg

HRF6Cn.jpeg

HRF8S3.jpeg

HRFtLs.jpeg

Oyster=v2s
Jubilee=v2

Imo the difference is a bit the numerals and the tone of the blue altough the angle is slightly different. I tried to capture exact same light but its difficult. In real life i can see the slighy difference in bezel colors.
This is super helpful, thank you. Can you take some pics in direct and indirect sunlight?

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
HRFniE.jpeg

HRF6Cn.jpeg

HRF8S3.jpeg

HRFtLs.jpeg

Oyster=v2s
Jubilee=v2

The main difference should be under UV light. Can you show it?

Trouble61

Looking for trouble?
Supporter
Certified
20/1/16
Netherlands
I have to find an UV-light device or how do u call it. Its still very difficult to notice on pics but in real life you’ll notice it directly. Somehow there is a small difference and somehow very big, weird situation :)

And i will take some shots in direct daylight here are some with flash:

HRGtT4.jpeg

HRGpBX.jpeg

HRGl5c.jpeg

HRGBbI.jpeg

HRGCRi.jpeg

HRGTKb.jpeg

Trouble61

Looking for trouble?
Supporter
Certified
20/1/16
Netherlands
Thanks for photos. Are you able to do macro/ close up shot of platinum fill ?
I will mate. If anyone else wants different angles or detailed pics pls write here since im able to do it tomorrow maybe friday due to rush before holiday.

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
Thx for the pictures.

For me they look close to indistinguishable. Quality of platinum fill would be interesting though.

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
Thank you for your time spent on additional pics, if you find a UV light device it could be interesting to see the different inserts glowing under light

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Thanks for the pics.

V2 and V2s practically identical. For me that settles it. Whichever one I have is good. No platinum issues on mine, very good engraving of the numbers. Set for life :)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks for the pics.

V2 and V2s practically identical. For me that settles it. Whichever one I have is good. No platinum issues on mine, very good engraving of the numbers. Set for life :)
Totally agree, the colors are so close now, that i really dont give a shit if its the one or the other :) BUT flaking or fading platinum is not something i can live with

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
Did they messed up the font for the "6" in the rehaut again? Well, anyhow barely notable and otherwise looks great, congrats.

V2 or V2S .... lol

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Certified
25/3/21
V2S seems to be a deeper and darker blue, but I like the look of the platinum filling on the V2