• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

mariot

22/2/19
Hi Sorry for the question. So Ive had put the gen crystal 7035-J1 on my C+ with 2.3mm gasket height. But it turns really bad especially on the cyclops reflection and makes the date looks bit blurry, it happen in any lighting conditions and no blackhole as well. Does the wrong size gasket causing it all the problems? Should I put 2.7mm gasket on it to fix the problem? Thank you

It does look gen crystal.
You got it new blister?

Stuvetjee

For all your RM Strap needs!
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
As a gen owner , would say that you scored big time! Enjoy it mate!
Thx bro! Super happy with it. Became a daily now, and certainly is going to be the xmas watch lol.
HR16K2.jpeg

Lolcat9995

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
31/5/23
UK
Thx bro! Super happy with it. Became a daily now, and certainly is going to be the xmas watch lol.
HR16K2.jpeg
I am almost 100% certain this is a V2 - there is no flaking, no speedbumps and it's more pink than cherry red. Why do you think it is V2S?

Stuvetjee

For all your RM Strap needs!
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I am almost 100% certain this is a V2 - there is no flaking, no speedbumps and it's more pink than cherry red. Why do you think it is V2S?
its nowhere near pink. its cherry red in real life. a friend of mine (above member) is a GMT II-freak and confirmed it too being V2s @Trouble61 also my TD confirmed numerous times it being V2s. So im fairly sure its what it is. Maybe its a V3 :ROFLMAO: lol

kev0172

Horology Curious
26/10/23
Hi. I appreciate there is a lot of information in this thread, but as someone looking for a Pepsi for the first time, could someone summarise the current consensus on which version to go for. Looks like Clean is the best factory. The DD3285 is the best movement.
But then there are V2 and V2S bezels. Is V2S the closer to Gen but seems susceptible to the platinum in the numbers peeling away?

I’m aware this is subjective, and of course there are after market mods to crystals etc. just looking for rough guidance on what is the best rep version “out of the box”

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
For me V2 looks best and seems to have the lowest risk of numbers peeling.

I placed an order last week for V2 and it seems like it has a longer lead time than V2s.

Reactions: kev0172

MerovingioRS

Known Member
9/8/18
I don’t understand if V2S is now available or not! I ask to Andrew (trusty) and he said that V2S is available while CTime said that it is out of stock! Which is the truth?! 😣

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
I don’t understand if V2S is now available or not! I ask to Andrew (trusty) and he said that V2S is available while CTime said that it is out of stock! Which is the truth?! 😣
The truth = V2s is available, but currently out of stock. 😉

Reactions: MerovingioRS

Trouble61

Looking for trouble?
Supporter
Certified
20/1/16
Netherlands
ah yes, a nice blurry screengrab from reddit with the original source being ctime (who have addressed the platinum filling and speed bumps directly themselves). very helpful ;)
Bro may I ask what your actual point/purpose is with your respondings?

You are not helpful at all, only questioning things members respond in this thread.

Take part or be quit.

• Haha
Reactions: Stuvetjee

mariot

22/2/19
Hi. I appreciate there is a lot of information in this thread, but as someone looking for a Pepsi for the first time, could someone summarise the current consensus on which version to go for. Looks like Clean is the best factory. The DD3285 is the best movement.
But then there are V2 and V2S bezels. Is V2S the closer to Gen but seems susceptible to the platinum in the numbers peeling away?

I’m aware this is subjective, and of course there are after market mods to crystals etc. just looking for rough guidance on what is the best rep version “out of the box”
The clean is the best that's for sure, now for the version v2 & v2s I'm not sure if any TD can know or guarantee what they will have on the watch.