• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I have ordered CF GMT Pepsi with V2 insert and oyster bracelet and my dealer has presented this interesting piece. The watch is turned to be a fake CF Pepsi (check movement pic below) but I say it is interesting because of the following reasons:
1- Correct CF bracelet code (1NQ)
2- Correct CF SN on Rehaut ends with L6V6
3- V2 insert which completely turns red under UV light!!

Thought to post my findings here so the community is aware!

Well mate these stickers can be bought on the market in sets. so this watch may be whatever it may be, but no CF. Thats the Reason we (and you) should buy at TDs place and not at wechat dealers for 30% less;)

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
I have ordered CF GMT Pepsi with V2 insert and oyster bracelet and my dealer has presented this interesting piece. The watch is turned to be a fake CF Pepsi (check movement pic below) but I say it is interesting because of the following reasons:
1- Correct CF bracelet code (1NQ)
2- Correct CF SN on Rehaut ends with L6V6
3- V2 insert which completely turns red under UV light!!

Thought to post my findings here so the community is aware!

They really fake the fake😂

• Haha
Reactions: engbanna1

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
V2S below: will change to a V2. Plating isn’t great as can see the red through the numbers and the red is a bit orangey.

Posting for info:

HEqXXF.jpeg

HEqPZp.jpeg

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Hi Sorry for the question. So Ive had put the gen crystal 7035-J1 on my C+ with 2.3mm gasket height. But it turns really bad especially on the cyclops reflection and makes the date looks bit blurry, it happen in any lighting conditions and no blackhole as well. Does the wrong size gasket causing it all the problems? Should I put 2.7mm gasket on it to fix the problem? Thank you

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Hi Sorry for the question. So Ive had put the gen crystal 7035-J1 on my C+ with 2.3mm gasket height. But it turns really bad especially on the cyclops reflection and makes the date looks bit blurry, it happen in any lighting conditions and no blackhole as well. Does the wrong size gasket causing it all the problems? Should I put 2.7mm gasket on it to fix the problem? Thank you

the reflection seems to be a glass problem, as far as the gasket is concerned it is preferable to use the 2.70, the date will have the right magnification (and will not be small) and the crystal will protrude the right amount from the bezel.

Reactions: JOSswag

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
the reflection seems to be a glass problem, as far as the gasket is concerned it is preferable to use the 2.70, the date will have the right magnification (and will not be small) and the crystal will protrude the right amount from the bezel.
Is there any way to fix the problem Sir? Or did I received the fake gen crystal maybe? 🥲

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
V2S below: will change to a V2. Plating isn’t great as can see the red through the numbers and the red is a bit orangey.

Posting for info:

HEqXXF.jpeg

HEqPZp.jpeg
Im all confused. Been asking Ctime once every 5 days or so when they will sell the v2s but he says they dont sell it yet due to insert problems. Are you sure this is not v2?

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North

Adding a gen insert, gen crystal (with gen gasket) will not always make it look gen on a rep.

If there is a difference in rehaut height in the rep the DW typo will end up blurry or in wrong size. Those parts you will need to eye measured/QC:d by you.

My modder installed gen crystal/gasket on my Clean 116613LB. Looked bad so he switched to another gasket and it looked much better

Last edited:
Reactions: JOSswag

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Im all confused. Been asking Ctime once every 5 days or so when they will sell the v2s but he says they dont sell it yet due to insert problems. Are you sure this is not v2?
I believe those are C+ V2 with v2s insert. Based on the serial code that start with 897C.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
I believe those are C+ V2 with v2s insert. Based on the serial code that start with 897C.
Good eye on the serial.
Also to note: C+ sticker is partly visible in the 2nd photo.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
100% he had one that he offered to me above

Reactions: Akilles

woogooboogoo

Horology Curious
21/11/19
I consider buying the recently updated cf pepsi, however I can't seem to notice that the date is over magnified. I've read through this thread, which explains that this might be an issue. As of today, did this issue only affect some watches or is it a batch flaw that affects all new v3's?

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I consider buying the recently updated cf pepsi, however I can't seem to notice that the date is over magnified. I've read through this thread, which explains that this might be an issue. As of today, did this issue only affect some watches or is it a batch flaw that affects all new v3's?
yes it is an obvious flaw. But just change crystal and use the right gasket

Cheese it

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/22
yes it is an obvious flaw. But just change crystal and use the right gasket
I’m using a Gen gmt crystal with stock cf gasket and it’s still the same as before. The Gen 2.3mm gasket doesn’t work. Well it works the date is perfect. But the hands touch the crystal so it stops the entire movement.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I’m using a Gen gmt crystal with stock cf gasket and it’s still the same as before. The Gen 2.3mm gasket doesn’t work. Well it works the date is perfect. But the hands touch the crystal so it stops the entire movement.
with the gen gasket 2.30 the gen crystal will not protrude like this... to make it protrude and give the right space to the hands you need to use a higher 2.70 gasket. Mine is a clark 2.70 but in reality it measures 1.65

Reactions: AG91 and JOSswag

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
Just received my V2, looks really good. I didn’t have the chance to compare with gen since I have, but will do shortly

Reactions: AG91