• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

SpRiZZ3Tt0

Horology Curious
19/1/22

SpRiZZ3Tt0

Horology Curious
19/1/22
Clean V2 by Ctime already arrived yesterday. I took a few picture on natural light (indoor) with and without flash and on sunlight
HvJA88.jpeg

HvJDOJ.jpeg

Hvxgzo.jpeg

HvxxAY.jpeg

HvJOLi.jpeg

HvJqGX.jpeg

HvJopc.jpeg

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Clean V2 by Ctime already arrived yesterday. I took a few picture on natural light (indoor) with and without flash and on sunlight
HvJA88.jpeg

HvJDOJ.jpeg
The xtal looks pretty good to be honest. When i received it, I was surprised by the quality, couldn’t really see the difference with my gen. However, had Nikz mount a gen xtal on it anyway, from certainl light angles you’ll notice the difference..

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
The xtal looks pretty good to be honest. When i received it, I was surprised by the quality, couldn’t really see the difference with my gen. However, had Nikz mount a gen xtal on it anyway, from certainl light angles you’ll notice the difference..

SpRiZZ3Tt0

Horology Curious
19/1/22
My doubt for the Xtal is about the data magnifier. On my gen GMT Master II 116710 numbers looks more little than BLRO. I think issue is about Xtal and gasket by Clean. Or maybe I must change also datewheel with a gen one?

Reactions: AG91 and dk2852

DzR-ALF

21/3/23
Russian Federation
My doubt for the Xtal is about the data magnifier. On my gen GMT Master II 116710 numbers looks more little than BLRO. I think issue is about Xtal and gasket by Clean. Or maybe I must change also datewheel with a gen one?
From the photos, it seems to me as if the cyclops increases the date by 3 times, not 2.5

The xtal looks pretty good to be honest.
If you compare it with the xtal vsf on the submarine, how does it show itself? Is it significantly worse or the same? I understand clean has updated xtal?

Che6163

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
3/11/23
New York
Some info:
v2 color is better and more accurate, but under uv light it is not bright enough.
v2s color is a little bit worse and the scale filling has more obvious graininess.
But v2s under uv light is much brighter. Clean has both versions for sale and
the price of the v2 version is the same as the v1! The v2s is 300 RMB (~50USD) more.
As far as I know, C+ factory only has v2s version for now and the price is more expensive than C+ v1 version for 200 RMB

Markaplan

Gold Patron
Certified
9/10/20
I want to order the V2s, but Jtime told me there is something wrong with the plating, and he told me that only V2 is available from the factory at the moment. Do you guys advise me to take the V2 or wait for the factory to fix the V2s? Thank you.

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
I can see it already. Once they mess up the colors on the next update, while fixing the platinum filling issues, and V2 has a limited run, it will be "Please bring back the MK1 colors!!!" "Who want to trade or sell their MK1 bezel?"

Reactions: leo6929

Che6163

Supporter
Certified
3/11/23
New York
I want to order the V2s, but Jtime told me there is something wrong with the plating, and he told me that only V2 is available from the factory at the moment. Do you guys advise me to take the V2 or wait for the factory to fix the V2s? Thank you.
V2 color is more spot on

Markaplan

Gold Patron
Certified
9/10/20
Hello. For those of you who did a comparison between GEN and clean. No one mentioned if the GEN is MK1, MK2 or MK3?
I am just about to buy the V2. Kindly advise to which GEN it is closest to. Thank you

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Hello. For those of you who did a comparison between GEN and clean. No one mentioned if the GEN is MK1, MK2 or MK3?
I am just about to buy the V2. Kindly advise to which GEN it is closest to. Thank you
Mk2

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
unfortunately no rep insert can ever be identical to the gen, the gen has so many nuances that the reo cannot reproduce. Having said that, Clean now looks more like a gen, the biggest flaw that in my opinion makes it fake is that sometimes everything is too pink, it looks like sugared almonds

Reactions: AG91 and dk2852

Milburn1

Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
UK
unfortunately no rep insert can ever be identical to the gen, the gen has so many nuances that the reo cannot reproduce. Having said that, Clean now looks more like a gen, the biggest flaw that in my opinion makes it fake is that sometimes everything is too pink, it looks like sugared almonds
Tbf id take the slight pink hue every single day off the week over paying 3.5-4k for a bit of ceramic, for nearly half the price of the watch at rrp then Gen bezel inlay is a pointless upgrade imo.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

This is a gen Mk1 which has the typical Mk1 pinkish red, and the pink coloration of the latest Clean inserts are quite accurate to Mk1 color wise. Also keep in mind that the slightest change of angle or different lighting conditions can make it lighter or darker in photos.

The blue portion of gen Mk1s can also have a purplish hue in direct sunlight. My gen Mk3 also has this but it's much less pronounced than the Mk1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radar975 and AG91

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
I have ordered CF GMT Pepsi with V2 insert and oyster bracelet and my dealer has presented this interesting piece. The watch is turned to be a fake CF Pepsi (check movement pic below) but I say it is interesting because of the following reasons:
1- Correct CF bracelet code (1NQ)
2- Correct CF SN on Rehaut ends with L6V6
3- V2 insert which completely turns red under UV light!!

Thought to post my findings here so the community is aware!