• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
And both inserts are very nice btw. I think it comes down to which one you like the best.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
That looks like Clean V2 on left and a V1 on the right mate. Not v2s….?
was thinking the same. blue is off

HuJclL.jpeg

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Well, lol, it is the parade of the inserts then :)

Here in the pic is the V1 insert which I also happen to have. The three of them are different colors and no flaking on any, fortunately. For me, the alleged V2s which I got from Andrew is the most accurate to gen in color.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I bought the entire watch from Andrew. Regarding what other members have said about not being V2s but V2, I can say that I'm pretty happy with it and for me this one ends the perennial chase for the perfect insert. Maybe when they are really 1:1 with gen, but we know that will never be... or will it? ;)

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I bought the entire watch from Andrew. Regarding what other members have said about not being V2s but V2, I can say that I'm pretty happy with it and for me this one ends the perennial chase for the perfect insert. Maybe when they are really 1:1 with gen, but we know that will never be... or will it? ;)
I can't imagine what kind of improvements could be made on this insert. I would agree this should be the end of the chase.

Reactions: leo6929

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
I can't imagine what kind of improvements could be made on this insert. I would agree this should be the end of the chase.
They're not quite there yet. The improvements needed on the insert are the "platinum" filling. Other improvements needed are the bezel action and crystal. Other than that it's a beautiful rep.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariot and leo6929

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
They're not quite there yet. The improvements needed on the insert are the "platinum" filling. Other improvements needed are the bezel action and crystal. Other than that it's a beautiful rep.
I was referring to the insert. Mechanical improvements are always nice but rarely equal to gen.
Agree on the platinum filling if it's indeed flaking out, but I've only seen one instance of that posted here. I haven't seen any on my bench that flake.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Agree on the platinum filling if it's indeed flaking out, but I've only seen one instance of that posted here. I haven't seen any on my bench that flake.
I always appreciate your insight.
Question for you: Have you noticed inconsistencies on the 24 hour triangle? From the many photos posted, there's usually some kind of fading or improper filling on the triangle.

Also, I'll be contacting you soon for service and mods. Keep up the good work. 💪🙏

Markaplan

Gold Patron
Certified
9/10/20
Hello. I read a lot of the review from Page 32 to 45. I would appreciate if someone can answer my question. I have the CF v1 with GEN hands, crystal and DW. I don't have the gasket. I want to buy the new CF not sure which one v2 or v2s. Then I will switch all the gen parts from mine to the new one. To me both v2 and v2s look great and way better than v1. They both feel like they are close to Mk2. In your opinion which one is closer to MK2, the V2 or the V2s ? Thank you in advance.

Cheese it

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/22
Hello. I read a lot of the review from Page 32 to 45. I would appreciate if someone can answer my question. I have the CF v1 with GEN hands, crystal and DW. I don't have the gasket. I want to buy the new CF not sure which one v2 or v2s. Then I will switch all the gen parts from mine to the new one. To me both v2 and v2s look great and way better than v1. They both feel like they are close to Mk2. In your opinion which one is closer to MK2, the V2 or the V2s ? Thank you in advance.
If you got the DD3285 in your watch, why not just purchase the clean pepsi insert from ctime directly? Go order the v2 insert