• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
That is the last batch and the serial number ends in L6 V6? I hope they have corrected the error of the previous finishes in Y2L3 that came with the number 2 crooked.
if you're worried about the font, L6V6 font is incorrect anyway, 6 should be rounded and V wider, latest Y2L3 font fixes this

Rr808

Getting To Know The Place
Patron
10/7/24
hzXgzp.jpeg

hzdDY5.jpeg

Although mine is not as genlike as V3S, but im still happy with my pepsi
Nice skeleton daytona. Can you tell me where you got it from? Is it SA4130? Asked around, but couldn’t get one 😭

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
incorrect, it does indeed glow completely under UV as seen in this pic here. when this thread was first created, before V3/V3S came out, it was known by everyone here that V2S was the full glow insert. if you’re referring to the other pics on page one that show it partially glowing, that’s because on those pics the UV light isn’t centered on the V2S. in this pic where it is almost centered, it’s pretty much fully glowing. the brightness of the glow depends on the strength of the UV light as well. i’ll need to see side by side pics to convince me that colors are not the same under normal. from what i’ve analyzed, they are the same.

So what is the difference between them? If the same full glow under uv and same color under normal light?

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Agree with reaps, just buy what you like. Whatever version is ok as long you enjoy the watch.
Totally agree. With there being different gens that have been around for years and years I think it would be very difficult to tell if someone is wearing a rep or different version gen. At the end you’re wearing it for yourself.

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
So what is the difference between them? If the same full glow under uv and same color under normal light?
according to some TDs, as well as supposed Clean Factory boss, V2S was just renamed to either V3 or V3S (depending on which TD you buy from). the initial V2S did have some flaws which were addressed and may have caused a change in color or glow or whatever. some TDs refered to V2 as V2S also lol, which further added to the confusion. none of this really matters though since at the moment only V3/V3S is available for purchase from TD. it’s all just to feed curiosity.

as far as difference between V3 and V3S, one is darker red the other is brighter red. which is which depends on TD.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
@CTime
These two version is alot better than the first. Do you know if Clean will provide a newer version in thr future?

For some reason i find the Xing v5 bezel more attractive colorwise.

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
@CTime
These two version is alot better than the first. Do you know if Clean will provide a newer version in thr future?

Only v3 and v3s are still being produced, Clean wants to stop v3s soon, but I'm not sure when.
No update plans as I know.

Reactions: diamant

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
@CTime

I had Xing v5, color was exactly the same as my v2 but with bolder font. But if you pay attention the 6 and 18 are not so well done as you can see the line where the bezel changes from red/blue.

V3s looks very similar

Reactions: diamant

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
I had Xing v5, color was exactly the same as my v2 but with bolder font. But if you pay attention the 6 and 18 are not so well done as you can see the line where the bezel changes from red/blue.

V3s looks very similar
Just some add’l feedback based on my personal experience -
I really liked the color of the Xing V5 insert. The pastel-like red really hit for me.
The issue for me was as you say with the “line” at 6 and 18. 6 wasn’t bad but overtime, the line at 18 became very noticeable because paint of the “8” of the 18, being on the blue side, became significantly darker over time. It was very obvious because the “1” of the 18, being on the red side, was much brighter in comparison.

I ended up swapping to the Clean V3 insert with the darker red and love it also. It definitely is NOT the same as the previous V2s. The difference in the red between the two versions is very obvious.

Just my 2 cents. 😬

Reactions: Endez

Wowsc

Still New
Supporter
Certified
8/10/22
Here some pics of V3 and V3S that I got from CTime a few month ago.

V3S left V3 right

Here left V3 insert and V3S right on the watch

I would say that the blue is the same for both inserts. The difference is in the red, which is darker on the V3.

Personally, I liked the darker red more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeta7