• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

yuzulicious

Franken Certified
Supporter
Certified
15/12/23
where can i source a gen crystal and how much is it? can a modder source it for me?
you can ask your TD if they provide this service, Gen Crystal parts I saw it is on sale in the marketplace

Morg77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/21
no, not really, GEN is the only upgrade worth your money

hD4kn8.jpeg
This is with gen crystal?? The date magnification still too big

Morg77

1/2/21
i think this is due to gasket size
Yes I think it's because of the gasket problem. I just wonder why clean factory doesn't want to change their gasket height for the gmt, cause overall their new crystal are pretty good OOTB.

Reactions: wubsub

Morg77

1/2/21
hDuxOK.jpeg

hDubj8.jpeg

New v3 C+ with deep crystal and lower size of gasket. It have good magnification date size on the cyclops. C+ V3 come with V3s insert, and hey have better rehaut polishinf than Clean. Now I will swap the movement from my clean gmt Dd3285 to this C+

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15

v2 left, v3 right
Bezel on the V3 (well the latest release) look more gen like as there is bit of a lip and it looks a touch thcker on the rim than the v2 Im partial to both colours on te inserts I prefer the new darker colour as its a little less in your face but at the same time the v2 looks much closer to the original gen release pastel colours, nice side by side

Reactions: leo6929

dont watch me

To win a battle, fight as if you're already dead.
25/5/21
UK
I'm literally on the verge of pulling the trigger. I just need to decide V3 or V3s. Is the quality of the V3s bezel insert the same as the V3? Other then the slight colour change and the bright red bezel under UV light, is there anything else? Is there a issue with the platinum coating on the V3s? Would be great to hear some feedback from the guys that actually own a V3s.

jtks

25/5/20
I'm literally on the verge of pulling the trigger. I just need to decide V3 or V3s. Is the quality of the V3s bezel insert the same as the V3? Other then the slight colour change and the bright red bezel under UV light, is there anything else? Is there a issue with the platinum coating on the V3s? Would be great to hear some feedback from the guys that actually own a V3s.
V3S. The bezel color looks better under normal light as well. If it's not a huge price difference, go with V3S.

Reactions: dont watch me

dont watch me

25/5/21
UK
V3S. The bezel color looks better under normal light as well. If it's not a huge price difference, go with V3S.
The price is not a problem at all. My heart has been leaning towards V3s but Ctime said the V3 is better quality. I love the red on the V3 but don't like the dark blue. It's almost black sometimes and the red on the V3s reminds me a little of the V1 which I absolutely can't stand. Lol. Its a tricky one for me. What's the issue with the platinum coating on the V3s? Do you have a V3s? Any pics?

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
The price is not a problem at all. My heart has been leaning towards V3s but Ctime said the V3 is better quality. I love the red on the V3 but don't like the dark blue. It's almost black sometimes and the red on the V3s reminds me a little of the V1 which I absolutely can't stand. Lol. Its a tricky one for me. What's the issue with the platinum coating on the V3s? Do you have a V3s? Any pics?
I had v2,v3 and v3s. Ideal build would be v2 with updated bezel (like on v3/v3s with slight lip around the insert) imo (love the v2 color).

Reactions: dont watch me

dont watch me

25/5/21
UK
I had v2,v3 and v3s. Ideal build would be v2 with updated bezel (like on v3/v3s with slight lip around the insert) imo (love the v2 color).
Yea V2 is stunning for sure but I'm trying to pick out of the two available from Ctime. V3 or V3s.

jtks

25/5/20
AFAIK TDs are trying to clear V3. I have both V3 and V3S. The difference being the color and the brighter red glow under uv on V3S. Everything else is the same.

My true advice is just go for the one you like the most. Because gen bezel has 3 variation afaik and all these are based on photos that are captured under different lighting conditions with different camera. IRL no one can really be 100% sure which color is and isn't gen.

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
The latests models being shipped have the darker coloured red and blue which is much closer to the gen that is available from mid 23 onward the UV is good on all that have the feature, it depends on how dark it is and how much UV output the torch or lamp has it will also reflect off the polished ceramic making it hard to tell as viewing under UV is not all that easy. Its very hard to tell a supposed v3 vs v3s as far as gen colour schemes go on the pepsi there have been 3 apparent changes since release and no V numbers the latest offering being the darkest, the first offering in 2018 being the brightest (I sue the term brightest as the colours are much lighter although pastel in hue perhaps) The middle release was just a more indepth of colour option but darker, but the colours were more vibrant. the latter is the darkest but it does depend on the light inside it can look almost black at the top but ourside in natural light much more purple and when the cloud comes over more navy. I did add this to this thread much earlier so apologies for resharing it, it just adds to the context
These are the gen so far and this is really all that you really need to think about as far as colour goes if you prefer the older first release then its unlikley to find one at a TD but maybe on Marketplace here and it would be considered a Clean V2 I think.

the fact that even RO change the colours on the inserts as they improve, the reality is there could be any number of gens out there with slightly different shades based on a batch of inserts and most would never really know or question it.

Find the one you like and buy it, its certainly not the "tell" people might think (only the UV test and you would be unlucky to find anyone where you might be that was dark and had UV lighting on to notice or even know its a thing!)

Pick one, buy it, enjoy it and good luck you wont be disappointed with the latest Clean batch rehaut is good Bezel is good with a little lip and larger looking outer ring when caught in the light. The crystal is also very good not much to dislike.

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15

v2 left, v3 right
Colour on the V2 is similar to the original RO 2018 releases in a more pastel colour and the latest v3 has a much better bezel ring as you can see the outer ring looks to have a bit more of shoulder as minimal as it is and the inset has the darker colourings more akin to the 2023 gens up until now (until they change it again perhaps) Getting the V2 insert is no bad thing as it might add to the more believable as grey purchase as it will be older if anyone is comparing it to a gen that is! Nice pic

dont watch me

25/5/21
UK
AFAIK TDs are trying to clear V3. I have both V3 and V3S. The difference being the color and the brighter red glow under uv on V3S. Everything else is the same.

My true advice is just go for the one you like the most. Because gen bezel has 3 variation afaik and all these are based on photos that are captured under different lighting conditions with different camera. IRL no one can really be 100% sure which color is and isn't gen.
Thanks to everyone. This definitely makes most sense to me as it does seem like TDs are trying to get rid of old V3 batch. It seems pretty obvious now that you've mentioned it. I absolutely love the feature of the bezel glowing bright red under UV light. Wether anyone sees it or not it doesn't bother me it's the fact that I know it does that. My heart has always leaned more towards V3s anyway and I just wanted to be sure it's definitely what I wanted and I now Im definitely sure it's what I want. V3s it is. Thanks for the input guys.