• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Hazey11

Horology Curious
11/6/24
Hi All, I recently purchased and received the V3 from Geektime.

However, reading around I saw something about the Bezel is prone to just randomly falling off.

I am now worried to even wear it for the first time in fear that it will either be lost forever or happen in front of people which would be crazy embarrassing.
Excuse me bartender, scotch on the rocks please. Ting ting ting... (bezel bounces on the marble bar)

• Haha
Reactions: leo6929

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
who here is the best at doing rehaut polish and brushing/polishing to gen spec?

yuzulicious

Franken Certified
Supporter
Certified
15/12/23
who here is the best at doing rehaut polish and brushing/polishing to gen spec?
I wonder a rehaut work will make any difference with naked eye? Even under the loupe people is more concern and prioritize on their datewheel and hands

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
I wonder a rehaut work will make any difference with naked eye? Even under the loupe people is more concern and prioritize on their datewheel and hands
i think rehaut work will make a bigger difference. most people don’t know how gen hands and datewheel are supposed to look. but rehaut and polish adds to the overall glam of the watch and people expect rolex to look flashy.

Reactions: CTbeforeLP

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
i think rehaut work will make a bigger difference. most people don’t know how gen hands and datewheel are supposed to look. but rehaut and polish adds to the overall glam of the watch and people expect rolex to look flashy.
And you think most people as you say know and can spot the difference in the rehaut?! Cmon be serious

Reactions: Sossy and TESLA760

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
And you think most people as you say know and can spot the difference in the rehaut?! Cmon be serious
we’re talking about rehaut polish, not alignment or anything else. the lack of shine is very obvious, much more than you think when you have it on hand. most people who get this done agree that it’s a game changer. it really makes the watch pop. a gen spec brush/polish and a gen crystal swap would personally be my top two mods to prioritize on over hands or datewheel, if you really want to see a difference. but gen parts are expensive and kinda silly since at the end of the day it’s still a fake watch that you would end up spending over a thousand on lol. not to mention the newer crystals are good enough as is. brush/polish mods on the other hand are easier/cheaper to get done and worth it imo. people don’t need to know how a rehaut is supposed to look, it’s the overall shine your watch gives off that make it look more gen.

oh and servicing the movement is important too, but only if you plan on keeping the watch for a long time.

Last edited:

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Guys, this Pepsi needs four things to be as we say "1:1" without spending thousands of euro on gen parts.
- Gen Crystal with right gasket height
- Bezel Lip mod
- Bezel Action fix
- Rehaut Polish if it's not already well polished from factory as sometimes I saw model with a stunning rehaut straight from factories.
Than you are good to go.
V2-v2s inserts replicate mark 1
V3-v3 a inserts replicate mark 3
You have only to decide which one fits better your tastes
Enjoy!

Fusible

5/5/22
Guys, this Pepsi needs four things to be as we say "1:1" without spending thousands of euro on gen parts.
- Gen Crystal with right gasket height
- Bezel Lip mod
- Bezel Action fix
- Rehaut Polish if it's not already well polished from factory as sometimes I saw model with a stunning rehaut straight from factories.
Than you are good to go.
V2-v2s inserts replicate mark 1
V3-v3 a inserts replicate mark 3
You have only to decide which one fits better your tastes
Enjoy!
Are there a group of modders who do the bezel lip mod? I’ve reached out to several and a couple haven’t heard of it.

0ffcamber

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/23
U.S.A.
Are there a group of modders who do the bezel lip mod? I’ve reached out to several and a couple haven’t heard of it.
You can do this but you need to remove the bezel and insert.
Place the bezel face down on lite grit sandpaper and with a circular motion sand off the sharp peak of the bezel inner edge. This will flatten that peak and fill in the gap between the insert and bezel inner edge.
It’s subtle but effective.

Fusible

5/5/22
You can do this but you need to remove the bezel and insert.
Place the bezel face down on lite grit sandpaper and with a circular motion sand off the sharp peak of the bezel inner edge. This will flatten that peak and fill in the gap between the insert and bezel inner edge.
It’s subtle but effective.
I hardly change my smoke detector batteries by myself man but I appreciate it.

Fusible

5/5/22
It amazes me the mods you people stress about. Who in your forsaken life is ever going to see your rehaut, let alone know what it should look like ? I'm convinced you insecure folks just like modding things because you have no business wearing this watch.
It amazes me how mad people get about other people’s preferences. Some people just like to tinker. It’s going to be okay man they can’t hurt you.

Reactions: greenbeans

Fusible

5/5/22
Hurt me ? Ever heard of opinions being posted on a forum. I suggest you go lay down and sit this one out.
It’s the opinion of many that they like to tinker. Are you intolerant of that opinion? Sure seems like it. Maybe don’t let it hurt you as it clearly does. Live and let live don’t be a weirdo.

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
It amazes me the mods you people stress about. Who in your forsaken life is ever going to see your rehaut, let alone know what it should look like ? I'm convinced you insecure folks just like modding things because you have no business wearing this watch.
i don’t think anyone stresses over it. it’s more of a hobby. i’d get the rehaut polished and any other mods more for my own satisfaction than anyone else’s . it’s a beautiful rep and i spend a good amount of time staring at it and taking pics of it lol. i know i’d be happier if the rehaut gave off a bit more shine.

Last edited:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
It’s the opinion of many that they like to tinker. Are you intolerant of that opinion? Sure seems like it. Maybe don’t let it hurt you as it clearly does. Live and let live don’t be a weirdo.
I have a V2 with an OEM Crystal and a Gen . No one would ever know which one I'm wearing . You know why ? People look at you before the watch. Maybe you shouldn't be on a forum where people opine. It doesn't seem to affect you in a good way

Fusible

5/5/22
I have a V2 with an OEM Crystal and a Gen . No one would ever know which one I'm wearing . You know why ? People look at you before the watch. Maybe you shouldn't be on a forum where people opine. It doesn't seem to affect you in a good way
So you came into a random thread on a large forum seeing people casually talking about tinkering with their watch and was bothered so much you just HAD to tell them they have bad lives and have no business owning the watch? Exactly no one asked your opinion. If you need attention this badly I’d suggest going out on the weekends occasionally. Then you might not be so bitter behind your keyboard. Somehow I doubt it though.

Reactions: mini88

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
yea i don’t really get the “you have no business wearing this watch” part. do we need to meet certain criteria to wear a pepsi rep?

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
yea i don’t really get the “you have no business wearing this watch” part. do we need to meet certain criteria to wear a pepsi rep?

It is more in the way that If you want other people think is a Gen, the guy wearing it has more importance than the watch itself.

If you don’t care what people think, of course you don’t need to meet any criteria and wear your watch in good health. Even if it is a rep, it is a really Nice watch.

For me personally, I would really like to order a PP 5711, but I don’t have the lifestyle for it. So in rep I have 2 rolex and one AP that fit perfectly and people doesn’t even think they could be rep.

Reactions: TerryRobot