• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
My watchmaker cannot install the crystal gen. He says the rep plastic ring doesn't fit. Can you tell me what he's doing wrong?

If I am not wrong you need to have the gen gasket as well. This cost 10-20usd

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
Not exclusive to us, but we have more stock;), it's available now btw
Dont suppose you have a V1, v2, V2s (if thats even a thing) V3 and V3s side by side? I think the very latest version whatever the version is UV and much darker colours in general.

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
I see CTime always pulls through with availability. To my delight they had stocks months ago when I got my Pepsi and I see they continue to supply!

Reactions: TerryRobot

airBUSdriver

Supporter
Certified
2/2/20
EU
Good morning guys! I still owe you a comparison of my (installed) Xing v5 insert and the Clean v3(s) sourced by @CTime
I wanted the Clean insert in the first place but unfortunately the modder wasn't able to source the Clean insert. For me personally the Clean insert is muuuuuuch better.

Since the Xing insert cracked during installation (barely visible, but not under sunlight) - triangle and 18) I wanna swap inserts asap.

ToxicManChowder

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/5/24
Hermosa Beach, California
Oh no so what happen with your watch now? sent back to watch smith remove the water?
Not at all! Perfectly safe. You pressurize before putting in the water. So by bringing up the pressure to 4BAR and then lowering into the water, everything is fine. Then when you release the air pressure, it escapes from the case if there is a leak and since air is escaping, no water penetrates the watch! Super easy and super safe! I pulled the watch out of the water before the pressure went to zero, so watch is 100% safe from getting any water in it.

I should add that since it only had one small leak at the stem, and not from the case back, or from the xstal, then I actually think I can wateproof it myself. Just need to open it up, remove the stem and apply silicone, and redo the case back seal with silicone as well before screwing it back down.

I’m going to teach myself watch repair….

Last edited:

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
Hi guys. Is this the v3 pepsi insert from CF? Thanks
Looks to be they are much darker in colour which is actually closer to the 23 on release from RO.

The whole V thing doesnt really exist we all kinda made it up and so the did the RO guys forums.

The first RO came out with much lighter almost purple blue with a pastel red this is often referred to as v1 (rep world have been trying to use this as the bench mark since the start and there have been several version trying to get as close to the gen colours but ONLY for that model)

The Gen world also moved on trying to perfect the colours so they had what might called v2 where the colours were more vibrant and with the red being less pink and the blue being less purple looking (the purple is consistent in different light on gen and rep as the good examples are a blue dye over a red base dye hence the UV turning red but in certain lights the blue will appear purple)

The latest offering from the gen world started around late 23 with much deepr red and blue making them less in yer face so to speak (a little more classy perhaps) the latest "V3" from Clean and the others seems to mimc this colour combo now as in your picture)

I think the rep world will keep replicating what ever is out there at the time so as far as the versions go, the V1 isnt far off the RO v1 of 2018 release with more pastel shades) the V2 does mimic the 2020 RO release with more vibrant and less pastel colours, the rep world didnt quite get this one right at first visit as the red was far too red and so this was corrected but is v2s as we refer to it although none of this is official). then there is v3 which might just be a better match to the gen v2 brighter colours and now a v3s which is exceptionally close to the latest gen insert with the darker colours.

In all fairness if you take into account that gen have had different colours on their inserts all anyone really need worry about is that the bezel passes the UV test (although this is pretty nerdy and most people will never know, and you would need to be out clubbing to be under black light in public!)

The colour choice buying new will generally be the latest version but if buying m2m then picking one you like the look of is best as the more pastle colours look like the earlier gen models and the more vibrant colours look like the 2020-2022 gen models (give or take some where the red is too red).

Its not as if the more pastel ligher colours are not accurate to the gen as it depends on which gen age you are comparing it too.
Even gen guys have the same arguments over version, of which there is nothing offical from RO either.