• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
My first order with CTime has been outstanding so far. Great QC pictures two days after payment. Let's hope that the shipping goes as well.

My Clean DD4130 Daytona has been great, and this new Clean GMT Pepsi DD3285 looks like it runs about as good as it gets...
KE87D8.jpeg

Frekko

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/23
Budapest
You had people multiple times told you it can be set backwards. You just ignored those posts? What do you want? The 3285 works like gen and can be set backwards but I will not guarantee you anything about reliability when you set it backwards.

You also dont understand what I'm trying to convey about reliability. But sure.

Whatever. Keep overthinking it.

If a TD, from whom you bought the watch, says that the factory told them not to set it backward, what would you do in my place? That's why I asked, maybe they sent me a different watch... :) You say it should work, I start using it, and then it breaks.... The lesson for me is to order from someone who tells you everything about the watch before you order. That didn't happen this time.

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
My first order with CTime has been outstanding so far. Great QC pictures two days after payment. Let's hope that the shipping goes as well.

My Clean DD4130 Daytona has been great, and this new Clean GMT Pepsi DD3285 looks like it runs about as good as it gets...
KE87D8.jpeg
Thats almost bang on and well inside COSC tolerances of -4 to +6 sh should keep good time, might fade a little over time and as parts wear in but it will still be well within and for a clone thats cant be sniffed at

Reactions: M Scott

Frekko

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/23
Budapest
I set the date backwards all the time. But what I suspect CTime is saying is, do not set the MINUTE hand backwards (3rd position). The jumping hour... should be fine....
So, Ctime replied, and he is telling me something different than what they told you. The factory says we shouldn't set the date backward in either the 2nd or 3rd crown position. He even mention that this is how it should be done with the gen GMT2 as well. To me, this is becoming quite amusing...

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
If a TD, from whom you bought the watch, says that the factory told them not to set it backward, what would you do in my place? That's why I asked, maybe they sent me a different watch... :) You say it should work, I start using it, and then it breaks.... The lesson for me is to order from someone who tells you everything about the watch before you order. That didn't happen this time.
You should not put it in a microwave, let a elephant step on it, play tennis with it or use it as baseball. I hope TD told you so.

Mate, we got people in this forum with lot of knowledge about watch movements and horology, and we got TDs. Some TDs, including CTime, have also lot of knowledge. But they also want to exclude as much of warranty peoblems possible.
As if its a chinese movement and not a swiss gen rolex movement made with same precision, they cant guarantee you reliability so they tell you to not use it.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
So, Ctime replied, and he is telling me something different than what they told you. The factory says we shouldn't set the date backward in either the 2nd or 3rd crown position. He even mention that this is how it should be done with the gen GMT2 as well. To me, this is becoming quite amusing...
Its like inposted 1 post before.
They tell you eont do it. Because when you sell 2000 gmt masters a month calculate how much idiots would come after aome warranty shit.

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
To be fair regardless of what any of us have said should be capable, we are not the ones offering any form of warranty (atleast for the first few weeks give or take)
Whether you can or cant is irrelevant, the choice is your and yours alone to believe the group of the dealer realying infor from the factory making it. Why are you going to need to keep doing this anyway? Once in a blue moon I susepct so its a non issue in reality. If could be mis comms from the dealer or the factory and they just say it to everyone to avoid disappointment for people as the older models did have issues. IF when you get it you take the case back off and post pic of the movement others on here will be able to ID it and confirm if indeed its possible. The simplest way to avoid having to "change it back" is to keep it running with a watch winder if not being worn or just spend some time with it and just wind if forward to the correct date, its not all that hard. Or if it has stopped wind it up and set the time and if you go too far make a note and of the time as it will be morning and then pop the crown and wait either 12 or 24 hrs depedning on when you were last setting it. I wouldnt worry too much about just wait till it arrives and enjoy it. You could ofcourse just ask the TD via email to confirm why they are saying this when you have read that the DD3285 can set the date backwards, but they will most likely say it will work but isnt advised, you can then choose to follow or ignore and if you break it you will know if it doesnt you will also know but if you keep doing it like its a fidget spinner then you wil never know if it was te first time you did it that started the problem or the last or if its just wear and tear!
Its a clone movement and whislt really very well made the materials will not be anywhere near the quality in a gen so some parts will be more prone to wear and breakage, thats why its not costing 10K, that said as its a clone there will be a big chance it can be fixed using swiss quality parts or gen if you really want!

Anyway can we get back to what this post was about? Bezel insert differences and not how the date changes or other technical aspects which have been covered all over the forum lots of times.
If you wanna ask tech questions its best to do so after reading the forum rules and posting them in the right section otherwise these thread get confused and all the good information it might contain is under a heading of something completley different so will be hard to find later!

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
I looked and looked and never found it on mine. I’m convinced I don’t have one but I don’t care
Trust me it's there but it's really really small. I was also convinced that mine didn't have it either untill I saw a glimpse of it while fidling with the watch and secretly hoping to see it.

Then I got my phone with the zoom lense and managed to somehow capture it. FYI its way way smaller than what you imagine, at least my estimation was way off.

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
Okay, I’ll continue to look. I can’t find it on my Daytona either but I do see it on my ten plus year old two tone GMT. I think the crowns from back then were bigger though

Reactions: lovegensandreps

xZeroCoolx

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/10/22
US
Okay, I’ll continue to look. I can’t find it on my Daytona either but I do see it on my ten plus year old two tone GMT. I think the crowns from back then were bigger though
Shine a flashlight in from the edge of the crystal at the top and it will show, move the light around a little and you will find it.

Reactions: lovegensandreps

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada

How did you know I can't afford a UV light or cell phone to take a pic. Ohhh I know why.. I converted $195K Canadian to 54K CHF for a pen I still haven't received.

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
Shine a flashlight in from the edge of the crystal at the top and it will show, move the light around a little and you will find it.
Whoah that's an awesome advise, I can easily see it now with naked eyes, albeit a bit tiny.