• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
It looks great! What is the total cost of replacing it with an original crystal?
400 for the crystal, had the watch waterproofed, silenced and a lipmod done. It was originally a v2, replaced the insert with V3. Last weekend i went by the AD and the color was spot on with the pepsi in the window (should’ve asked which version it was). It is a crazy accurate watch, insane, for the total cost of a little over 1200 euro.

Reactions: TerryRobot

element11#

Horology Curious
26/12/23
400 for the crystal, had the watch waterproofed, silenced and a lipmod done. It was originally a v2, replaced the insert with V3. Last weekend i went by the AD and the color was spot on with the pepsi in the window (should’ve asked which version it was). It is a crazy accurate watch, insane, for the total cost of a little over 1200 euro.
I also have the Clean V3, and depending on the light, the insert has different shades, from dark to very light, just like the gen. It's hard to notice the differences compared to the original, except for the glass. Have you used the watchmaker's services from the forum? Seeing the differences in your photo, I'm also considering replacing the glass with the gen one :)

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
I also have the Clean V3, and depending on the light, the insert has different shades, from dark to very light, just like the gen. It's hard to notice the differences compared to the original, except for the glass. Have you used the watchmaker's services from the forum? Seeing the differences in your photo, I'm also considering replacing the glass with the gen one :)
Nikz

Reactions: element11#

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Hi everyone,

Can someone confirm if its a V3? How about the bezel lips?

it's legit cf v3 pepsi. just be careful with dealer's qc...her qc is extremely poor (on the other hand the pricing is not bad)

Ferrichie

Horology Curious
12/5/22
it's legit cf v3 pepsi. just be careful with dealer's qc...her qc is extremely poor (on the other hand the pricing is not bad)
Yeah I noticed the pic quality is very bad (asked for better one but didnt get it)
seems like you know my dealer hahaha

thanks man, I just want to make sure as the bezel lips doesn't as thick as others V3

Frekko

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/23
Budapest
Hi guys, I read through the entire thread and finally ordered a V3 from Ctime. The watch is beautiful, although the bezel has quite a bit of play, which seems odd to me that they say it's normal. Can a watchmaker adjust this? It's running about 10 seconds slow, but I have a very good watchmaker who I think can fix this.

However, I need your help because Ctime says the date can't be set backward or it will break the watch.
I had a good laugh when they said that even a gen Rolex doesn't work well if you set the date backward. That's just ridiculous...

I assume many of you have ordered from them and have Clean Factory watches—has anyone had this problem? It's strange to me because, for example, TrustyTime shows in a video that the date can be set backward. I also asked another TD, and they said you can turn the date backward but not too often. Who knows what "too often" means—once a week or just monthly? Anyway, I'm curious about your experiences because this seems very odd to me. If this is really the case, why don't they put it on their website and in the function description, so when you get your watch, you don't set it this way? And if it doesn't work for you, then you won't order it.

Maybe I wasn't thorough, but I didn't see any information about this in the long thread. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
I would trust Ctime on everything about Clean watches. If he says it will break the watch maybe it wont happen the 1st time but it will eventually or it won't. Either way I wouldn't set mine backwards.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Frekko

12/4/23
Budapest
I would trust Ctime on everything about Clean watches. If he says it will break the watch maybe it wont happen the 1st time but it will eventually or it won't. Either way I wouldn't set mine backwards.
I was curious if anyone has experience with this issue. Has a watch ever broken because of this, or has a TD warned about it? I haven't read about such an issue in this thread, and 122 pages is quite a lot. I ordered a CF watch like many others, so it would be surprising if no one else encountered this, only me. When you received your watch, how did you set it? If you had to turn the date back a few days and weren't aware it was not recommended, of course, you would set it that way. Many people have ordered CF watches, and many from Ctime, so this question might come up again. Or maybe I am the only one who received such a watch? 😊

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
I was curious if anyone has experience with this issue. Has a watch ever broken because of this, or has a TD warned about it? I haven't read about such an issue in this thread, and 122 pages is quite a lot. I ordered a CF watch like many others, so it would be surprising if no one else encountered this, only me. When you received your watch, how did you set it? If you had to turn the date back a few days and weren't aware it was not recommended, of course, you would set it that way. Many people have ordered CF watches, and many from Ctime, so this question might come up again. Or maybe I am the only one who received such a watch? 😊
I suspect most people (myself included) usually set the date “forward” anyway hence not much feedback about this. Maybe it’s habit but I also do this with the time - always forward even if backwards is faster 😬

Reactions: AG91 and leo6929

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I set the date backwards all the time. But what I suspect CTime is saying is, do not set the MINUTE hand backwards (3rd position). The jumping hour... should be fine....

Reactions: asusundevils1971

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Im never setting the watch backwards. Just my luck I will have an issue. I’m still re watching a video beforehand just to be sure before I set.
Yes basically don't chance it

But the backwards setting the date is sometimes useful I mean if I'm on the 26th and the date is the 30th i'm not jumping forward 27 days lmao i'll just jump back 4 days

Frekko

12/4/23
Budapest
I set the date backwards all the time. But what I suspect CTime is saying is, do not set the MINUTE hand backwards (3rd position). The jumping hour... should be fine....
Thanks for your response! Well, now he is telling me not to turn it backward at all because it will break the watch. I even asked if I could do it in the 2nd or 3rd position of the crown, but the answer was not to turn it backward! The question is, what watch did they send me? Supposedly, it's a CF V3 with a DD3285 movement. Since it's running slow, I'll take it to a watchmaker to adjust it, and maybe he can do something about the bezel too because it has a lot of play. I just wrote to Ctime asking what kind of watch this actually is. I'm curious about his response.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Yeah I noticed the pic quality is very bad (asked for better one but didnt get it)
seems like you know my dealer hahaha

thanks man, I just want to make sure as the bezel lips doesn't as thick as others V3
You get what you pay. Paying minimum but then asking RWI members to do the service they have to pay premium at TD (confirming to be sold what is advertised) is kind of showing your character.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
3285 is absolutely in charge to set the date backwards. Dont worry.
And for backplay of the bezel there is a fixed thread in the forum here, no need for a watchmaker:)