• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
Guys…apart SH movement, in my opinion ARF is a valid alternative right now, using no-TD you can get it for around 400bucks

MrButterfield

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
8/12/14
ARF is literally just Clean with a SH movement. So why not just get a Clean instead?
Is this actually literally true? Would be good to know if case parts are interchangeable and the ARF ones are cheaper, or more easily available from your preferred TD.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Is this actually literally true? Would be good to know if case parts are interchangeable and the ARF ones are cheaper, or more easily available from your preferred TD.
Yes from what I was told the case bezel bracelet are from the same supplier as Clean.....

Reactions: TerryRobot

Reaps

-
25/9/22
However, I will not speak to whether or not the SH movement L6V6/Y2L3 case can fit the DD3285. I know that from the GMF Explorer 2 that they're not direct swaps, so maybe some slight modification was done to the case from ARF to accept the movement.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
From the picture here above the crystal gasket looks milky
So they're basically Clean old stock, this error was in v1 Clean? Bahaha, I don't know if ARF sharing same gasket as Clean

This is my opinion and unverified, so take it with a grain of salt

But it feels to me like Clean basically sold off their old stock of cases and bracelets from the first generation VR3186 Clean to recoup loss to ARF, sharing case and stuff isn't unknown, C+ basically the same with the GMT, hell VSF/VRF/V6F also had the same thing where they shared cases

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
Got my V3s in yesterday. Y2L3 case number but had the best OOTB bezel function of the three I have. I originally ordered just the insert in February but ended up with the whole watch. TD is CTime. Here are some pics. Both watches shown are stock except for the rehaut which was polished.

V3s always shown on the left and V3 on the right.

greenbeans

12/9/20
Got my V3s in yesterday. Y2L3 case number but had the best OOTB bezel function of the three I have. I originally ordered just the insert in February but ended up with the whole watch. TD is CTime. Here are some pics. Both watches shown are stock except for the rehaut which was polished.

Excellent post, it's very informative

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15

Out of interest what is the serial for the v3? still the same Y2L3? are we literally just talking the bezel insert? as I thought the V3 well supposed v3 still had the UV all red feature where as you pic doesnt seem to show it in the first pic? Whats the real differences its a bit hard in the lighting to get a reall good difference I guess mayb needs a indoor diffused white led light? Looks like a very little difference and it still depends on which gen bezel insert they are now trying to copy if its the latest version then the V3 seems a closer colour match on the red as its a little darker which the 23 on gens seem to show. but chances of anyone else every knowing any of this is slim to none really as gen buyers dont care and even the basic rep heads wont put in all that much research, so its only us spuer nerds that obsess!

Reactions: Zoidberg

RRWatches

Certified
2/9/22
United Kingdom
Out of interest what is the serial for the v3? still the same Y2L3? are we literally just talking the bezel insert? as I thought the V3 well supposed v3 still had the UV all red feature where as you pic doesnt seem to show it in the first pic? Whats the real differences its a bit hard in the lighting to get a reall good difference I guess mayb needs an indoor diffused white led light? Looks like a very little difference and it still depends on which gen bezel insert they are now trying to copy if its the latest version then the V3 seems a closer colour match on the red as its a little darker which the 23 on gens seem to show. but chances of anyone else every knowing any of this is slim to none really as gen buyers dont care and even the basic rep heads wont put in all that much research, so its only us spuer nerds that obsess!
I’m hoping xing bring out a mk3 insert soon, I cracked my v3 and expensive to replace and a waiting list 😤 unless anyone has one lying around for sale of course

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
I’m hoping xing bring out a mk3 insert soon, I cracked my v3 and expensive to replace and a waiting list 😤 unless anyone has one lying around for sale of course
Might be worth just going on Ali and buying a whole bezel assembly including the insert as seen some for around 160usd that look pretty spot on and then it’s pop the whole thing off and push the new one on and clean out the grease underneath whilst you are there and jobs a goodun!

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
Out of interest what is the serial for the v3? still the same Y2L3? are we literally just talking the bezel insert? as I thought the V3 well supposed v3 still had the UV all red feature where as you pic doesnt seem to show it in the first pic? Whats the real differences its a bit hard in the lighting to get a reall good difference I guess mayb needs a indoor diffused white led light? Looks like a very little difference and it still depends on which gen bezel insert they are now trying to copy if its the latest version then the V3 seems a closer colour match on the red as its a little darker which the 23 on gens seem to show. but chances of anyone else every knowing any of this is slim to none really as gen buyers dont care and even the basic rep heads wont put in all that much research, so its only us spuer nerds that obsess!
Yeah I should have clarified that I am only comparing the inserts and not the watch as a whole. The watch with the V3 insert has the L6V6 serial. The V3 does react to UV anyone is concerned with that ( I am personally not) but the V3s is vastly brighter under UV. It was hard to capture on camera holding the phone and the light.

Difference wise on the V3s the blue is a bit lighter and less saturated and the red is a bit more red to me. In low light the V3 almost looks like a dark red wine. I personally like having both. I wish the v3s had the darker blue from the v3 though.

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
Yeah I should have clarified that I am only comparing the inserts and not the watch as a whole. The watch with the V3 insert has the L6V6 serial. The V3 does react to UV anyone is concerned with that ( I am personally not) but the V3s is vastly brighter under UV. It was hard to capture on camera holding the phone and the light.

Difference wise on the V3s the blue is a bit lighter and less saturated and the red is a bit more red to me. In low light the V3 almost looks like a dark red wine. I personally like having both. I wish the v3s had the darker blue from the v3 though.
Cool I think the v3 darker colours are much closer to the current 23-24 gen inserts as they much more dark and almost coke looking in certain lights

Frekko

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/23
Budapest
Hi everyone, I have a question about the DD3285 movement. Has anyone heard that the date can only be set forward but not backward? Does it not work the same as the original? Thanks in advance for your answers.