• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
V1 V2 V3, these are all my QC pics, imo they are not really that hard to tell apart.

My favorite is hands down v3. V1 had an orange look that no gen has. I personally don’t like the pale pastel colors of the v2, so the v3 is perfect for me.
I like this answer... (cause that's the one I have on order)

Reactions: 2841

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
It’s a gen, but honestly, it looks like a V3 with gen xtal and lipmod. You’re right about an AD, they’re far less experienced telling reps and gens apart than we are. The V3 is very genlike, if you have the right mods ofcourse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akilles and mcboom

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
What is the « lipmod »?
Same question for me, even after reading about it here and there still I'm not 100% sure what exactly is being done to the bezel..? I think its about the bezel at least

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada

lovegensandreps

Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
Shaving the inside of the bezel to mimic the gen.. it gives the illusion that the metal around the insert is thicker
Ok thanks now that I understood what to look for I finally got it, also the reply from KJ2020 in that post ⬇️helped a ton as I also was struggling to understand how shaving of metal will make the besel look wider

Bro, when a mountain peak blows off after a volcano eruption it creates a plateau in place of the peak. Same principle

/\ becomes ¡—¡

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
Same question for me, even after reading about it here and there still I'm not 100% sure what exactly is being done to the bezel..? I think its about the bezel at least
The BLRO Bezel insert is slighlty lower than the BLNR or others I belive it to be due to the use of the ceramic to get the red which makes if marginally more brittle, so it sits a little bit lower in the bezel ring.

The lipmod is where you sahve a little off the inside of the bezel ring to effectively lower the insert, i think the same can be achieved by shaving the insert down but more likely to get broken.

Im trying to find out if the bezel rings on the gen BLNR and BLRO are infact the same size and would technically be swappable as a whole unit rather than just the inserts, which appear to be different hence the need for the bezel mod.

If the whole bezel ring including the insert and gasket were the same size apart from the top section, then swapping BLRO to BLNR or even GRNR would be pretty quick if using a bezel removal tool.

Granted the GMT hand colour would be different but I think if the BLRO was the base watch then the red GMT hand would work with the natve BLRO insert also the BLNR and the GRNR, where as the blue GMT might not look so good with the BLRO blue sections as they dont match but wouldnt look too bad with the Grrey dial and the Green GMT wold only really work with the Grey dial or Black.

To look at they look very close but on closer inspection the BLRO insert looks a little lower in the ring but I suspect that the internal diam is the same so both should seat over the crystal, maybe the BBNR might look liek the crystal is a little low perhaps if the insert is seat a little higher in the ring.

Reactions: lovegensandreps

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
Ha just ask the question on the bezel swapping for thw 126710 models on Gemini and Chat GPT and both come back with the conclusion that yes there should be no reason that a swap shouldnt work (this will be based on gen verisons) The cases are identical and so are the rest of the parts, so looks to be the only real difference is how the bezel insert sits in the top section of the ring. How the ring is seated back on the body should be the same, the difference would be that the crystal will appear more proud on the BLRO with original bezel set up and more flush with the BLNR bezel set up due to it sitting a little higher. (y)

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
The genuine blro insert is fitted with a hytrel ring into the bezel hence the difference in bezels. It sits into the thicker lip/edge on the bezel.

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
The genuine blro insert is fitted with a hytrel ring into the bezel hence the difference in bezels. It sits into the thicker lip/edge on the bezel.
Yep and after much research I think that if using the bezel ring with the insert and the gasket that seats directly under it inside the bezel ring all fitted. it will pres onto the the BLRO case without any issues. the difference being that the bezel ring back sections are the same and that the case and other parts are the same. The only difference is either the insert height itself, (as in its thickness) or the gen bezel is infact slightly thinner, or the actual bezel ring is milled out to accept the BLRO insert a little lower (hard to think as this is more work and limits stock) or that the bezel insert gasket is maringally thinner to allow the BLRO insert to sit lower in the ring?

If I had both Id test it but I dont (happy to test on reps but there is no telling how close they really are, that said gen bezel ring hardware does fit on the Clean 126710 and 116710 models without case mods, so the chances are acutall good that maybe trying on reps would transfer over to the gen.

Im not trying to be overly tight to be fair but id like to have a BLRO gen or BLNR and could maybe push to both but feel its little bit much considering the minor differences, Id rather go BLRO and 126713 GRNR with the option of a BLNR bezel swap onto te BLRO as an option.

Im in talks with my local AD at the moment and it would appear the 126713 is much more likely to be available if I play the game than a Stainless model as im not a VIP (maybe if i buy a TT GMT I might creep up the list)

The TT GMT doesnt fetch much increase in the grey market which might explain it more available?

Reactions: botsyboy

lovegensandreps

Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
The date wheel combined with the crystal makes the numbers larger that gen. That can of course be modded.
Yea I know, atm it doesn't bother me at all but I am thinking about adding a gen xtal at some point