• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

vipstyle888

Known Member
18/2/19
Hong Kong
@TerryRobot Hey bud, I truly appreciate the in depth explanation about these bezels. I have been out in the rep game for 2 yrs and just decided to mod my cf v1 bought last 2021.

Btw, what's the meaning of RO? Here are some pics of the bezel from a chinese seller. Just want to make sure I'm getting the bezel from CF and not a knock off of a knock off. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: TerryRobot

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
@TerryRobot Hey bud, I truly appreciate the in depth explanation about these bezels. I have been out in the rep game for 2 yrs and just decided to mod my cf v1 bought last 2021.

Btw, what's the meaning of RO? Here are some pics of the bezel from a chinese seller. Just want to make sure I'm getting the bezel from CF and not a knock off of a knock off. Thanks a lot!
If I were you I would get it only from Ctime and ask specifically for the V3, just to be sure.

greenbeans

12/9/20
So I just received my Clean V3 Pepsi, really blown away by the quality thanks in big part to this thread.
However, nitpicking, when I rotate the bezel, it doesn't sound or feel like the gen at all. There's no click whatsoever, has anyone done a mod to rectify this?
Would be appreciated if someone could share so I can look into getting this upgraded.

Reactions: TerryRobot

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
So I just received my Clean V3 Pepsi, really blown away by the quality thanks in big part to this thread.
However, nitpicking, when I rotate the bezel, it doesn't sound or feel like the gen at all. There's no click whatsoever, has anyone done a mod to rectify this?
Would be appreciated if someone could share so I can look into getting this upgraded.
for the click it will be too much grease under the bezel ring KJ2020 has done a great post on how to fix a clean bezel so wortha search. the click srping itself can be palyed with to also add tension, you can pop th bezel ring off using a tool or knife again KJ2020 has covered this in his post. then clean away the grease but save it on a piece of card or in a bag as it will still need some grease to help it move but as there will be much less if you clena out the scallops on the crystal retaining ring the clikc will be much more like the gen.

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15

It looks to be pretty good but does depends on how much they are charging? Ctime can get the ones form clena as Im sure most other TD;s can but Ctime have a good relationship with the factory. bear in mind that Clean wont make the insert but may work with an MFR on getting it righ so out of a batch the MFR may well sell on to others wh then sell on Ali. It depends on your appetite for risk. If you order an Ali one that ticks the boxes you might come up trumps but at the same time you might get somehting mis sold where as Ctime have a reputation to maintain as do many other TD's

I gonna go for an Ali one just to see what arrives more than anyhting else

Reactions: vipstyle888

Fusible

5/5/22
If it wasn't fake news and they actually release a case with scrambled serial, that might be the smallest push to get me over the edge and finally buy a clean GMT.

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
It looks to be pretty good but does depends on how much they are charging? Ctime can get the ones form clena as Im sure most other TD;s can but Ctime have a good relationship with the factory. bear in mind that Clean wont make the insert but may work with an MFR on getting it righ so out of a batch the MFR may well sell on to others wh then sell on Ali. It depends on your appetite for risk. If you order an Ali one that ticks the boxes you might come up trumps but at the same time you might get somehting mis sold where as Ctime have a reputation to maintain as do many other TD's

Sorry RO factory is Gen

yuzulicious

Franken Certified
Supporter
Certified
15/12/23

This situation remind me of peacock movement factory (all the dandong movements) form an agreement to provide certain exclusivity to the rep factories. Like DD3285 just for clean, DD4130 just for BT + Clean etc.

If clean spending so much effort to get the V2 and V3 right with this MFR I assume they too will form a mutual agreement that this is clean exclusives..

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
Just as a small report, I finally was able to spot the LEC after months of owning this watch. I was convinced mine didn't have it. It's easier to see on my other watches

Reactions: lovegensandreps

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
Just as a small report, I finally was able to spot the LEC after months of owning this watch. I was convinced mine didn't have it. It's easier to see on my other watches
Nice!! Told ya its there 🤗

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
This situation remind me of peacock movement factory (all the dandong movements) form an agreement to provide certain exclusivity to the rep factories. Like DD3285 just for clean, DD4130 just for BT + Clean etc.

If clean spending so much effort to get the V2 and V3 right with this MFR I assume they too will form a mutual agreement that this is clean exclusives..
That is true but as with everything in China it will again be replicated by others with the same capability, they will just buy one and then use it a colour swatch or benchmark and then cash in on it.

You only have to look on Ali or even Ebay to some extent and the same product is often for sale through multiple different sellers but the acutal image of the item is the same, its either lazy of the same companiy just flooding the platform with different accounts so if you buy from one you are still buying from them so to speak.

The clean insert is very good in comparison to some of the others but looking at the Ali express versions, Ive asked a couple of sellers and soem on eaby who are selling the same insert for double the price but still using the same pictures as the Ali advert, both UV test images and close ups and they look to be very good.

Hence I was gonna order one just to see if its, some really good pictures and they send a cheap copy version nothing like the sales pics' or it is indeed a very good copy, either from the factory that supply clean with them or another that has used that factory to do the hard work and then just copy it.

Im sure there will be an agreement by clean that they will buy a specific version and that factory wont supply others such as GMF etc... but that wont stop that factory selling directly I guess, that is the way in China. It comes down to how much you can keep in house as far as making a product and the insert wont be it same as the dials, the factories either order a build for themselves to their specs or just buy in and put it all together. Who knows though it could be that the Clean insert is really exclusive to them and as they had to buy a huge batch in one go to get exlusivity, it could be them selling them in the background on Ali to get rid of the excess based on maye a large moq.

You only have to look at the likes of the Pagani watches on Amazon, pretty good looking watches maninly becuase they are the same reps as we buy, but without the decorated parts of a gen version, this way the factories can be building a rep that isnt a rep its a homage which is perfectly acceptable if raided, then keep a small qty of decorated parts for our community https://www.amazon.co.uk/PD-1662-Automatic-Mechanical-Synthetic-Stainless/dp/B0B63BN3X4?th=1 this way its a legit business, It could also be that "Pagani" are just ordering a load of them with their own branding too.

Looking at the prices though I might buy one and do a side by side! just to see (its hard to know what factory they might be though.

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
Im sure they are cheaper not as good internals and quality but more interested in the externals and as its Amazon I can return easily if its total shiiite!

edit on looking a bit deeper at the Parnis and Pagani Designs they look pretty shit to be fair, the sales pictures look good but I suspect after looking at a few on ebay second hand they are nothing like the sales pics so probably photoshoped!

Last edited:

JimmyRepper

Horology Curious
30/6/24
Hi All, I recently purchased and received the V3 from Geektime.

However, reading around I saw something about the Bezel is prone to just randomly falling off.

Is this actually still an issue on the V3? Saw a few threads on RepTime with people claiming that this has happened on their V3 so assume it is?

I am now worried to even wear it for the first time in fear that it will either be lost forever or happen in front of people which would be crazy embarrassing.

P.S. Is the New V3 XTAL worth swapping for Deep XTAL? Or do we think the new one is enough?

Just the lip thing, maybe the date wheel and the bezel falling off that are getting to me on this. I am UK based if anyone can support.

jtks

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/20

However, reading around I saw something about the Bezel is prone to just randomly falling off.

Is this actually still an issue on the V3? Saw a few threads on RepTime with people claiming that this has happened on their V3 so assume it is?

I am now worried to even wear it for the first time in fear that it will either be lost forever or happen in front of people which would be crazy embarrassing.

P.S. Is the New V3 XTAL worth swapping for Deep XTAL? Or do we think the new one is enough?

Just the lip thing, maybe the date wheel and the bezel falling off that are getting to me on this. I am UK based if anyone can support.
More like isolated cases. and remember this is rep and the quality control isn't like gen.

Stock crystal is good enough and quite close to gen. Deep is about 20% better but it will be a little less gen-like. It is up to you what do you care the most, gen-like or clarity.

Reactions: JimmyRepper

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸

In my opinion the deep is a downgrade on these. Stock is great just leave it alone.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Just to clarify, no, stock crystal is not close to gen :) Gen crystal is a very obvious and noticeable upgrade.

But switching the current stock crystal to deep would be a waste of money