• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
Supporter
Certified
22/9/22
EU
Thanks so much for the replies!! Yeah it's great I agree, I was ocding a bit about the rehaut crown being a teeny tiny bit to the left but I approved it anyway, more than likely its just the angle of the photo.

Reactions: leo6929

guessit

17/11/19
Thanks so much for the replies!! Yeah it's great I agree, I was ocding a bit about the rehaut crown being a teeny tiny bit to the left but I approved it anyway, more than likely its just the angle of the photo.
Rolex gen rehaut is often misaligned, useless to look at similar details

Reactions: lovegensandreps

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
I just got in my Pepsi. I have the modified V2 (wp, silenced, lip mod) with a gen xtal. Decided to change into a V3. Boy what a mistake, the V2 is so much more gorgeous!

V3’s blue is so dark, i just do not like it. After owning the gen with MK3 bezel, i know the blue is miles away from gen, especially in outside light. V2 also wasn’t very genlike but looked so good that i enjoyed it a great deal.

Let’s see if it takes just some getting used to.

Reactions: m5smg2 and mhrboy

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸
I finally received this Watch. I just sold the super Frank version of this for over $9000. It included a complete genuine,: bezel, insert hands Crystal crown dial and bracelet

This watch is 90% cosmetically as good as that Franken.

Insert color and font is 9.5/ 10. The only differences might be visible when you zoom in on a high resolution photo otherwise I cannot tell the difference between this and the genuine.

The crystal is certainly improved over previous models. I typically upgrade to genuine, but I might leave this one alone.

I’m very impressed and to be quite honest, I would rather own this and have it serviced for a total of about 1000 bucks and put another 8000 in my pocket and not on a own super Franken.

guessit

17/11/19
I finally received this Watch. I just sold the super Frank version of this for over $9000. It included a complete genuine,: bezel, insert hands Crystal crown dial and bracelet

Insert color and font is 9.5/ 10. The only differences might be visible when you zoom in on a high resolution photo otherwise I cannot tell the difference between this and the genuine.

The crystal is certainly improved over previous models. I typically upgrade to genuine, but I might leave this one alone.

I’m very impressed and to be quite honest, I would rather own this and have it serviced for a total of about 1000 bucks and put another 8000 in my pocket and not on a own super Franken.

To me, it could be a gen pepsi like one that I already own.

Reactions: Messi

tilT

Horology Curious
6/9/23

Looks awesome. V3? the blue doesn't look so dark.

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
I just got in my Pepsi. I have the modified V2 (wp, silenced, lip mod) with a gen xtal. Decided to change into a V3. Boy what a mistake, the V2 is so much more gorgeous!

V3’s blue is so dark, i just do not like it. After owning the gen with MK3 bezel, i know the blue is miles away from gen, especially in outside light. V2 also wasn’t very genlike but looked so good that i enjoyed it a great deal.

Let’s see if it takes just some getting used to.

What is the lip mod?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17

as for your opinion I feel like disagreeing, no rep part will ever be identical to the gen, the gen ceramic is unique for its clarity and brilliance and has real platinum in the engravings. The same goes for any other part. This is obviously just my opinion ;-)

Reactions: Akilles and m5smg2

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸
as for your opinion I feel like disagreeing, no rep part will ever be identical to the gen, the gen ceramic is unique for its clarity and brilliance and has real platinum in the engravings. The same goes for any other part. This is obviously just my opinion ;-)

of course, the genuine is superior and will always be even if the color is spot on. The platinum they use for the markers cannot be replicated as well no matter what secondary material they use.

The point is for 90% off from the price of a genuine, you are getting a watch That’s actually 90% spot onto a genuine.

guessit

17/11/19
Ok guys, which one is the rep Clean V2 stock?

KX98Ys.jpeg

FeastOnTime

Looking Around
20/11/23
Looking for a bit of advice. How do you safely remove a CF bezel insert from the bezel (which I have detached)? I've tried the heat method (with a hairdryer) and bathed it in isopropanol alcohol to try and dissolve the adhesive. Neither have worked. What is the trick I'm missing?

0ffcamber

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/23
U.S.A.
Looking for a bit of advice. How do you safely remove a CF bezel insert from the bezel (which I have detached)? I've tried the heat method (with a hairdryer) and bathed it in isopropanol alcohol to try and dissolve the adhesive. Neither have worked. What is the trick I'm missing?
Ceramic bezel insert removal.
Difficulty Level 🔧🔧🔧🔧
Once you pop the bezel off you are faced with a double sided 3M tape ring. The best process I have used is steam. Put the bezel face down on a microfiber towel and use a handheld steamer with a pointed nozzle. Once the steam goes to work on the adhesive I push through the bezel slots with a wood skewer like used for shish kebab. Metal tools will crack the ceramic easily.
I try not to let the steam attack the top of the bezel as to avoid softening or accidental removal of the indices platinum paint.
Work your way around the ring from the back but don’t apply too much pressure as these ceramic inserts are fragile. Once the insert starts to give way you are golden as the steam can get between the bezel and the insert.

All that said, it’s much easier to buy a bezel insert and just break the old one out.

Reactions: FeastOnTime