• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

0ffcamber

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/23
U.S.A.
The blue really depend on the light on V3. I received v3 insert and have the v2 pepsi. On some light there is no difference, but with no much light looks almost black 😅
Exactly
I have a V2 CF Pepsi with the V3
insert. The
red and blue are very deep.
They pop in sunlight.

Reactions: Endez

moa

Known Member
27/9/23
around the world
126710BLRO CF v2

Gen parts:
xtal
xtal 2.7mm gasket
hands
bezel
ceramic insert (mk4)
inner bezel
click spring
inner gasket

KPnitI.jpeg
Very nice. just out of curiosity: have you tried the effect under the sun of the bezel, if by any chance the blue tends towards purple as in my second photo in post n. 2,107? maybe you have a photo? Thank you

guessit

17/11/19
Very nice. just out of curiosity: have you tried the effect under the sun of the bezel, if by any chance the blue tends towards purple as in my second photo in post n. 2,107? maybe you have a photo? Thank you
Yeah, the gen blue is always and absolutely purple under the sunlight, with every mk insert (I had a lot of 126710BLRO gen).
In fact the Clean V1 is quite off with the blue, while v2 and successive inserts are all perfect in my opinion (clean v3 is like a gen mk3 while clean v2 is like a gen mk4)

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
Reactions: airBUSdriver

guessit

17/11/19
Reactions: airBUSdriver

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
Yeah, the gen blue is always and absolutely purple under the sunlight, with every mk insert (I had a lot of 126710BLRO gen).
In fact the Clean V1 is quite off with the blue, while v2 and successive inserts are all perfect in my opinion (clean v3 is like a gen mk3 while clean v2 is like a gen mk4)

Which v3? 😅

Last batches are différents between them. I have an insert from normal v3 and it is not like the last v3…

airBUSdriver

Supporter
Certified
2/2/20
EU
Now looks better! But still different from my V3. This one looks better!
That’s what I thought as well. Still looks different.

Once received I’ll post a picture comparing this Clean to my Xing v5.

Reactions: Litheo

guessit

17/11/19
All gen (MK4 insert) except case bracelet and movement...colors change continuously!

Wonderful. It’s like my build except the dial that I didn’t change with a gen one (I don’t find any substantial difference)

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
Last batches are différents between them. I have an insert from normal v3 and it is not like the last v3
Now you know how Rolex feels when they produce a new batch of inserts for the Pepsi. Ahhhh the customer won't care that it's a little different from the previous batch because they are just happy to get their hands on one. <<<<<< that is what QC at the Rolex factory says.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Now you know how Rolex feels when they produce a new batch of inserts for the Pepsi. Ahhhh the customer won't care that it's a little different from the previous batch because they are just happy to get their hands on one. <<<<<< that is what QC at the Rolex factory says.
*conspiracy hat on*

When Rolex can't make a bezel color consistently, they become collectibles.... it's a master plan from Rolex so 20 years from now we have 15 variations of a Pepsi bezel that all sell for 20k above retail

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸
*conspiracy hat on*

When Rolex can't make a bezel color consistently, they become collectibles.... it's a master plan from Rolex so 20 years from now we have 15 variations of a Pepsi bezel that all sell for 20k above retail
the way the rep quality has evolved, rolex is gonna be trying to replicate the replicas 20 years from now ;):ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: m5smg2 and Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
the way the rep quality has evolved, rolex is gonna be trying to replicate the replicas 20 years from now ;):ROFLMAO:
Unironically, replicas sometimes do it better...

For example IWC Mark XX - for this one the lume is only on the 12, 3, 6, 9 markers

I remeber when V7's first batch of Mark XX came out they had fully lumed numerals...something that IWC gen owners were begging for for Pilots Watch for years....

And then the second batch they stopped that shit and made it "gen like" but even worse

Reactions: Kylix and Messi