• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Racing Dial Daytonas Release

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
3rZiZp.jpg

3rZqxt.jpg

3rZmI5.jpg

3rZoXF.jpg
Twins!

upload pic

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
That our actual boss @trailboss99 is using his precious time to chime in lately speaks volumes about our current jaded expectations.

Yes prices have ballooned, but so has replication accuracy, build quality, and movement cloning. Weigh in what we have today compared to my rep days (humble H factor comes to mind) where all we had were quality super reps with clone ETA 2836 and 7750. Veterans like @BMW760 and others can appreciate the monumental rep progress.

Recent years have brought us the previously unthinkable (and often laughable) reality of Audemars 3120, Panerai P9xxx, rolex 31xx/32xx, and yes a an accurate and reliable 4130 clone. Top that with actual 904L steel (thank you ARF), gen-like tolerances, and healthy rep competition and we are on top of the world. I’m not even going to get into gen RLX availability.

The rep world has shaken the gen world, especially RLX.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
So true. CF has most definitely raised the bar the last 12 months with many models but specifically with Daytonas, GMTs & Submariners.

But if they could only start using DEEP crystals..... :devilish: :p

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
seriously, there's basically no need for a gen dial anymore, the bar is so raised that for 1/2 or even 1/3 the price of a gen dial we get a 99% perfect rep with a clone movement.

i think the next step is to perfect the gmt as daytonas are pretty much a closed book for clean.. they exhausted pretty much all variations except the platona which should be coming soon..

3rmUSQ.jpg

wish they released the racing dials on a proper leather strap as per gen but heck gen croc straps are not that dear

Reactions: mmaggi

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Which version do you like?
What counts is the one YOU like.

they exhausted pretty much all variations except the platona which should be coming soon..

And I'm waiting for that to come out! Only two modern Daytomnas I want, the Plutona above and the brown dial, black bezel, RG case, black rubber strap.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
What counts is the one YOU like.

And I'm waiting for that to come out! Only two modern Daytomnas I want, the Plutona above and the brown dial, black bezel, RG case, black rubber strap.
They're missing the 116509 (my favorite) as well.

rm_rich

Horology Curious
5/4/23
Singapore
the racing dial grey red slate - that was originally released on a stainless steel bracelet

Clean has release it on a Oysterflex - is it believable that the Oysterflex can be installed on that? or would that be a dead giveaway?

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
the racing dial grey red slate - that was originally released on a stainless steel bracelet

Clean has release it on a Oysterflex - is it believable that the Oysterflex can be installed on that? or would that be a dead giveaway?
It’s so uncommon that no one would care/know. It’s also available on bracelet from Clean.

Reactions: flogtwo