• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Racing Dial Daytonas Release

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
I have the same but not plated. After wearing it for about a month, I will say that the dial looks 100x better in natural light. Maybe if I install a DEEP crystal the dial will look better in low/indoor light.

Reactions: 5Digits

edlorpi

12/8/11
Shouldn’t these have red chrono and subdial hands? Were there variations?

Space Man

Getting To Know The Place
23/5/22
Houston, Texas
Shouldn’t these have red chrono and subdial hands? Were there variations?
Original / genuine Rolex 116509 (White Gold Case & Bracelet) and 116519 (White Gold Case & Leather Strap) Arabic Numerals dials …

Slate Dial = White Gold Seconds Hand & Red Subdial Hands

Black Dial = Red Seconds Hand & Red Subdial Hands

Silver Dial = Red Seconds Hand & Red Subdial Hands

White Dial = White Gold Seconds Hand & White Gold Subdial Hands

Thereafter there existed many modifications, including the substitution of Red Hands, and the substitution of Arabic Numerals dials into the Daytona 116520.

Any variations were modified watches.

Space Man

23/5/22
Houston, Texas
I am seeing, on some TD’s websites, the Metal Bracelet versions of these Racing Dial watches, with Dials that have the correct 4 & 6 minute markers included …

Has anyone seen / does anyone know if Clean Factory has corrected their Dial on the OysterFlex version of these watches, to correctly include the 4 & 6 minute markers ?

TigerWatch

Birdie Seeker
Patron
Certified
5/2/23
Germany

Yes they corrected the dial ... here is my Clean 116519 Racing Dial ... ordered from InTime 3 weeks ago!

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I am seeing, on some TD’s websites, the Metal Bracelet versions of these Racing Dial watches, with Dials that have the correct 4 & 6 minute markers included …

Has anyone seen / does anyone know if Clean Factory has corrected their Dial on the OysterFlex version of these watches, to correctly include the 4 & 6 minute markers ?
My non TD can source these just fine.

Last edited:

Space Man

23/5/22
Houston, Texas
The watch still looks great to me, regardless of the missing minute markers.
PS … I get why CF designed their dial this way … symmetry.

The genuine Rolex Dial is the Genuine Rolex Dial, so that’s what most of us want, but …

In fairness to CF … the Genuine Rolex Racing Dials are missing the 21 minute marker (as is the CF) …

apparently to balance the dial symmetrically between the 4 and 5 hour markers to match the same between the 7 and 8 hour markers … since there’s plenty of room for the 21 minute marker on the dial.

One could argue that CF’s dial is actually better designed than the Genuine Rolex Dial … it’s symmetrical between every hour marker to match the same on the other side of the dial, e.g., 0-1 matches 11-12 … 1-2 matches 10-11 … etc.

Why Rolex did not include the 21 minute marker, but did include the 4 and 6 minute markers … I do not know … either make it symmetrical, or don’t … but don’t do both.

To me, the Genuine Rolex Dial is the one that looks “off”.

BUT … we’re not asking any of these factories to better what Rolex has done (we’ll leave that to the modders) … we’re asking the factories to accurately replicate what Rolex has made.

TigerWatch

Birdie Seeker
Patron
Certified
5/2/23
Germany
PS … I get why CF designed their dial this way … symmetry.

The genuine Rolex Dial is the Genuine Rolex Dial, so that’s what most of us want, but …

In fairness to CF … the Genuine Rolex Racing Dials are missing the 21 minute marker (as is the CF) …

apparently to balance the dial symmetrically between the 4 and 5 hour markers to match the same between the 7 and 8 hour markers … since there’s plenty of room for the 21 minute marker on the dial.

One could argue that CF’s dial is actually better designed than the Genuine Rolex Dial … it’s symmetrical between every hour marker to match the same on the other side of the dial, e.g., 0-1 matches 11-12 … 1-2 matches 10-11 … etc.

Why Rolex did not include the 21 minute marker, but did include the 4 and 6 minute markers … I do not know … either make it symmetrical, or don’t … but don’t do both.

To me, the Genuine Rolex Dial is the one that looks “off”.

BUT … we’re not asking any of these factories to better what Rolex has done (we’ll leave that to the modders) … we’re asking the factories to accurately replicate what Rolex has made.

Yes in my opinon you described it perfectly!
For me personaly the watch is perfect and I love to wear this Daytona. I have many flaws so my watch .... ;)
The dial is very balanced but not in a ROLEX way ...

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
All TDs can source the corrected dial for the gray and panda version w/the OysterFlex bracelet. All you need to do is ask.

Space Man

23/5/22
Houston, Texas
For comparison, attached are photos of a genuine Daytona 116519, on leather strap, with its dial vs. the Clean Factory replica dial of that watch.

Reactions: mmaggi