• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Don't know if it's lighting but the thickness of the bezel numbering also seems inconsistent (some thicker than others) and still too thick.
The uneven thickness would be a bummer:/

Regarding the general thickness wasnt there something about the new/old references that was different?

Not sure since i am not a pro on those references

WobuffetRep

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
17/1/24
The uneven thickness would be a bummer:/

Regarding the general thickness wasnt there something about the new/old references that was different?

Not sure since i am not a pro on those references
Yes the gen ones have different thickness based on batch and so on.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Cubatobaco

Horological Specimen
Supporter
Certified
24/6/24
VA
Just caught up on this thread, Holding out hope for a thinner crown or if it can be swapped with a gen. Never paid much attention to the Explorer, but these (either color) look very nice.

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada

GEN case tube​

CLEAN case tube​

Appears that the clean case tube isn't gen spec from these images, so a Gen crown would not work unless you also install a Gen spec case tube.

Reactions: Cubatobaco

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I really don't think that's something to notice on your wrist tbh @dogwood magnified like this... sure it looks bad, but in reality?
I’m not so sure. My eye can quickly see parallel or co-linear lines vs. divergent lines. I agree it’s a tiny detail, but an artifact of our vision is that we tend to notice parallel lines (or their absence) quite easily.

davelister

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
18/6/24
I'm either OCD or a super recognizer and I saw it right away, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Really looking forward to one of these.

AggressiveTiger

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
28/4/23
USA
The issue for me is the missing curvature of the bezel font. Once you see the flat horizontal lines of the Clean (and every other rep) bezel, you’ll never be able to unsee it.

IDK how yall are wigging about this but not about the wrong handset.

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Definitely a V2 wait. The BP/GMF might have the problematic movement but the aesthetics are better. Clean cases and bracelets are always great so once they fix these things I’ll be in.

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
IDK how yall are wigging about this but not about the wrong handset.
It's the correct hand set from what I see.

For the polar it's glossy black for the 216570 and matte for the 226570.

The clean 226570 polar appears to have the matte black hands which is correct