• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

WobuffetRep

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
17/1/24
The donut shaped hour markers are based on the older version of explorer 2 and have glossy hands. They made this polar version with donut hours markers and mate hands.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
The donut shaped hour markers are based on the older version of explorer 2 and have glossy hands. They made this polar version with donut hours markers and mate hands.
I see what you mean and you're also correct - it's a 216570 thing but in my case it's totally a non factor, it's a tiny detail that basically can only be spotted blown up on wrist pictures. A slightly thicker black ring on the markers looks super obvious in a 20x zoom pictures but I guarantee you it's nothing you can see on wrist. I doubt even the most die hard Rolex fanatics would know (most Rolex nerds already have trouble telling the difference between 216 and 226 Explorer 2)

The slim crown was my bigger concern.

Anyways, I'm a huge proponent of buying and not "waiting" for a v2, especially for a less popular model like the Explorer 2.

Wowsc

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
8/10/22
I see what you mean and you're also correct - it's a 216570 thing but in my case it's totally a non factor, it's a tiny detail that basically can only be spotted blown up on wrist pictures. A slightly thicker black ring on the markers looks super obvious in a 20x zoom pictures but I guarantee you it's nothing you can see on wrist. I doubt even the most die hard Rolex fanatics would know (most Rolex nerds already have trouble telling the difference between 216 and 226 Explorer 2)

The slim crown was my bigger concern.

Anyways, I'm a huge proponent of buying and not "waiting" for a v2, especially for a less popular model like the Explorer 2.
For me the watch it's overall very good now.
Whether the marking is domed or flat will probably not be visible on the wrist. The question is, would it be visible that the hands are frosted and the markings are glossy. And does it bother.

Reactions: EasternMikey

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
For me the watch it's overall very good now.
Whether the marking is domed or flat will probably not be visible on the wrist. The question is, would it be visible that the hands are frosted and the markings are glossy. And does it bother.
I don't know but to me it seems the hands are correct based on the QC from Geektime - the new gen 226570 is matte, old gen 216570 is glossy

I only speak exclusively for the polar since the black dial doesn't interest me that much

WobuffetRep

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
17/1/24
I don't know but to me it seems the hands are correct based on the QC from Geektime - the new gen 226570 is matte, old gen 216570 is glossy

I only speak exclusively for the polar since the black dial doesn't interest me that much

The hands are indeed correct on the polar version! Looks good.

Sonofalich

James
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Hoping it appears on PureTime soon.

Polar is a straight buy for me, the crown is the only glaring error that I cared about...

The rest I'm sorry but just isn't noticeable on the wrist. Might be one of the few watches you can get away not upgrading the crystal on due to the white dial... here's to hoping!

Reactions: Robsen

civicman

Getting To Know The Place
11/7/24
It looks like the TD website still showing the first version. If order through the website, will the TD ships the latest updated version?