• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
rehaut isnt aligned perfect, date also. But DILLIGAF?
People should appriciate what we have nowadays:)
I think your dial is just rotated to the right.
When you get it, you can fix it by rotating the whole dial to the left. It will correct the rehaut + date window

On the CF GMT dials there's a little room to rotate the dial when you are mounting it on the movement

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I think your dial is just rotated to the right.
When you get it, you can fix it by rotating the whole dial to the left. It will correct the rehaut + date window

On the CF GMT dials there's a little room to rotate the dial when you are mounting it on the movement

So I will not even have to pull off hands, just turn a bit?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
So I will not even have to pull off hands, just turn a bit?
You’ll want to take the hands off to keep both them and the dial safe. Easier to remove the dial and place it again where you want it rather than try to rotate in place. The dial is a press fit to the movement and can be quite tight.

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
You’ll want to take the hands off to keep both them and the dial safe. Easier to remove the dial and place it again where you want it rather than try to rotate in place. The dial is a press fit to the movement and can be quite tight.
Ok then Il leave it, its no problem for me. Im way over the time careing about such details (and I am glad about it;))

Reactions: CTbeforeLP

EasternMikey

Getting To Know The Place
18/3/23
SEA
I see what you mean and you're also correct - it's a 216570 thing but in my case it's totally a non factor, it's a tiny detail that basically can only be spotted blown up on wrist pictures. A slightly thicker black ring on the markers looks super obvious in a 20x zoom pictures but I guarantee you it's nothing you can see on wrist. I doubt even the most die hard Rolex fanatics would know (most Rolex nerds already have trouble telling the difference between 216 and 226 Explorer 2)

The slim crown was my bigger concern.

Anyways, I'm a huge proponent of buying and not "waiting" for a v2, especially for a less popular model like the Explorer 2.

I am lost at this point.

Could you please elaborate more about "The donut shaped hour markers"?
I didn't get it.

Thank you.

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I think you should re-consider your GL..... Just joking! It looks good bro. I can't wait for mine!

Ah, the infamous coitus interruptus "E"... It Will haunt my dreams as much as the terrible floating "m".

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
thanks I didn't know this site... are they reliable?
CTime is the OP of this thread and a TD here, so I would say yes 😄

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Looks like Clean fixed the dial and hands and switched to a flat and matte finish. Am I hallucinating?
I don't know why people say this the hands were never wrong in the first place - look at the original pictures

There was some misinformation about 226 having "glossy hands" but I clarified that this is wrong, 216 has glossy hands, 226 has matte hands

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I am lost at this point.

Could you please elaborate more about "The donut shaped hour markers"?
I didn't get it.

Thank you.
Simply put : look on the polar dial, and the outer black "rim" of the markers. It's slightly thicker than gen, more bold.

Reactions: EasternMikey

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Hey now if this was a real Rolex dial that shortened E would become a collector's item, I'm not joking
Yes, I am looking for when I am 72 years old (my explorer will go into the safe for sure and not be worn - STICKERED), then the Clean explorer 2 v362 is in the market, I bet I can make 10usd profit on my Clean Explorer 2 v1 :ROFLMAO:
:p

I am way beyond those things meanwhile in repgame.
Those people that are able to get so close to me in my real life that they can read whats written on my watchdial I am wearing, those people all know I am a faker-baller. So who gives a shit.;)