• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Mine is already ordered and placed. Everyone can tolerate different things. The E is annoying but I don't think it's an issue on wrist. We forget how small these watches are.

Reaps

25/9/22
Yes. And I think v2 for this watch will take a while. For those of you "waiting" for a v2, you can wait, but remember that the replica game never promises anything.

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
they solve the "E" but then something else comes out....the only one that doesn't have defects is called gen...which in fact if you know it, you notice it otherwise I find it difficult without a magnifying glass.....

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
I will buy it soon but I find something quite strange rather than very small inaccuracies... I read that it is waterproof to more than 50 meters... but then they declare that it cannot be immersed... but can I take a shower? at least....

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
I will buy it soon but I find something quite strange rather than very small inaccuracies... I read that it is waterproof to more than 50 meters... but then they declare that it cannot be immersed... but can I take a shower? at least....
Never trust the claims made about the waterproofness of replicas. It's hit and miss tbh.

Personally, I’ve never had any issues when showering with my replicas, but there’s no guarantee what so ever.

One thing is certain: if you plan to swim with the watch, I would recommend getting it waterproof tested by a third party either before or after purchase. A couple of the trusted dealers offer this service for an additional fee.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

25/9/22
Generally can be made waterproof as per Josse said but it's a rep not gen, remeber they're not assembled to the best standard

I've seen reps come with caseback not tightened, the O-ring in crown improperly placed, crystal gasket fitted improperly pinching it and causing leaking at the crystal. All of which can cause water ingress.

So as Josse said the best advice is to just get it pressure tested before swimming/showering.

And remeber that waterproofness is not forever, in principle you should check every year (that's what they reccomend for gens)

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
Generally can be made waterproof as per Josse said but it's a rep not gen, remeber they're not assembled to the best standard

I've seen reps come with caseback not tightened, the O-ring in crown improperly placed, crystal gasket fitted improperly pinching it and causing leaking at the crystal. All of which can cause water ingress.

So as Josse said the best advice is to just get it pressure tested before swimming/showering.

And remeber that waterproofness is not forever, in principle you should check every year (that's what they reccomend for gens)
💯💯. I see the pinching a lot in the CF GMTs.

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
Never trust the claims made about the waterproofness of replicas. It's hit and miss tbh.

Personally, I’ve never had any issues when showering with my replicas, but there’s no guarantee what so ever.

One thing is certain: if you plan to swim with the watch, I would recommend getting it waterproof tested by a third party either before or after purchase. A couple of the trusted dealers offer this service for an additional fee.
thanks for your reply...of course they are not watches for diving but they should have at least a minimum of water resistance...the resistance of a shower or a dive in the sea....they are not that cheap....

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA

yes of course it's true! the watch in general, doesn't like water unless it's professional... but they should guarantee a minimum standard..they are replicas of a higher level... anyway ok thanks for the advice!

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
in this case wanting to request a waterproof test before shipping, do they do it? (ctime) ... it's a very bad thing to see a watch like this with humidity inside!!

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
People gotta remember that every penny spent on making these watches is just to make it as visually similar to the real thing as possible. Visually. It's a toy. To make it more of a tool watch you have to go through some tests and maybe swap some gaskets yourself.

slyclopse

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
15/1/17
UK
Really chuffed they sorted the crown. I've just accepted QC on mine :)