• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

Sonofalich

James
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
The E is a misprint impacting several batches of gen...

(bullshit) - but prove me wrong? haha reality is, Rolex make mistakes too.. the E is really not going to be noticeable unless you are looking for it, reality is... you'll look at when its new and go "that's crap" but after that... it's gone into the ether.

That's my take on it anyway :)

Plus, as someone else said here... that E misprint would be a collectors item in gen.

Last edited:

patek_with_sellita

Getting To Know The Place
10/8/24
The E is a misprint impacting several batches of gen...

(bullshit) - but prove me wrong? haha reality is, Rolex make mistakes too.. the E is really not going to be noticeable unless you are looking for it, reality is... you'll look at when its new and go "that's crap" but after that... it's gone into the ether.

That's my take on it anyway :)

Plus, as someone else said here... that E misprint would be a collectors item in gen.
Once you’ve notice it, it will never go away. Sloppy small mistake. Will not be a problem for most people tho.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Just a question; i normally wear 40mm, fits perfect. Is this 42mm a big difference? I like this watch alot!:)

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
Just a question; i normally wear 40mm, fits perfect. Is this 42mm a big difference? I like this watch alot!:)
The case diameter isn’t the dimension I’d be concerned about, rather the lug to lug. This one has a roughly 50mm lug to lug distance. Your TC measures at 47.5ish mm.

If you can pull off another 2.5mm span across the top of your wrist, this will wear great 👍

Reactions: diamant

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
I don't think 2mm makes that much of a difference...I like the size of the watch...then it always depends on the wrist...

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
It's the lug to lug that gets you normally. The Explorer 2 is 50mm and the 40mm sub is 47.6mm.

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
in this case wanting to request a waterproof test before shipping, do they do it? (ctime) ... it's a very bad thing to see a watch like this with humidity inside!!
I think most of TD will do that for you
I have two watches from CTime which I asked to perform waterproofing test before delivery, CTime did and provided video clip of waterproofing test

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
I think most of TD will do that for you
I have two watches from CTime which I asked to perform waterproofing test before delivery, CTime did and provided video clip of waterproofing test
Did you test them while showering or going to the beach?

Wowsc

Certified
8/10/22
Found this video on Bilibili.

It looks like that he have a dial with a correct E.
Maybe someone have a account and can check this. I can only watch this video in a low resolution.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaplinTz

Wowsc

Certified
8/10/22
the site in link, does not open
Please try this:

patek_with_sellita

10/8/24
Please try this:
Correct, this one seems to have the correct E. Wierd.

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
This recent QC pic as well

hA6z88.webp

Last edited:

mectron

29/9/23
I have a small wrist. My clean 16520 daytona is basically perfect for wearability, does the explorer ii wear noticably larger? I'm considering a GMT since the listed dimensions are a bit smaller but I aesthetically I prefer the explorer.

Updog

18/7/19
I have a small wrist. My clean 16520 daytona is basically perfect for wearability, does the explorer ii wear noticably larger? I'm considering a GMT since the listed dimensions are a bit smaller but I aesthetically I prefer the explorer.
I have a 6.75” wrist and found the explorer II to wear much larger than the Daytona - too big for me personally.