• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia

I really like it. The flaws really don't bother me at all on this.

This one has a gen Datewheel and crystal. Gen crown does not fit. It doesn't have a Gen spec case tube. But the crown is pretty much perfect compared to my gen crown.
nice looking...
that E will look normal on wrist, as our mind will automatically "patch up" the shorten bottom, unless we really hunt for the flaw

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
Hi mate, you are the most expert as you worked on many gmf.. what do you think now? Is this better? I’m going to buy one with black dial and install a gen crystal..
Thanks for your opinion
CF is a good base - nice rehaut + more reliable movement. I just like the GMF case shape, but CF isn't too noticeably off from gen and with a better movement/rehaut it just makes sense to stick with the CF.

civicman

Getting To Know The Place
11/7/24
I'm waiting for it to arrive....🤞🤞
Me too🤜🤛. I know it has mfg’ed and pending for TD collection but TD will need to send to watchsmith for QC, cleaning, tuning, etc. Probably will receive by end Aug. The long the wait, the more the treasure 😂.

Reactions: black69

Mudder

8/9/20
It is very interesting how different deviations from gen are dealbreakers for different people. The E really breaks it for me, but I never felt the need to adjust my sub bezel click or to fix my GMT II clean v1 grease-bezel. Others dont mind a 124270 rep with 20 mm lugs. I will need to wait for a version with a fixed E.

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
TOP!
purchased from c-time? just arrived or did you already have it? it's bad to wait 😔

VenomGT3

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
29/4/22
USA
I’m so excited for mine. Should come in around three weeks 😎
Polar dial ftw
I almost didn’t order it due to the E and larger crown but apparently the crown thickness has been sorted?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I’m so excited for mine. Should come in around three weeks 😎
Polar dial ftw
I almost didn’t order it due to the E and larger crown but apparently the crown thickness has been sorted?
Crown thickness is 100% fixed

• Love
Reactions: VenomGT3

Reaps

25/9/22
Why can’t just duplicate with first “E”?

That's not how dial/pad printing works, they're not being painted individually one by one, the "pad printing" plate of these dials already have the E defect that's why you see it.

The laser etched plate that the pad printing uses probably has a slight defect and/or they didn't pay close enough attention to it

Reactions: Mudder

Skull-ty

Do not accept unsolicited offers
27/4/22

Reaps

25/9/22
What do you this about this one

C+ has a bigger flaw look at the location of the date window

Reactions: cassapanca