• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
So in the span of 3 weeks Clean fixed the dial issue AND the crown..... again I think you have to respect the dedication I guess. The rep game is getting more demanding but also the barrier between factory and consumer is shortening thanks to CTime probably

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
I bought it a week ago with the old E...is it possible that it has now been fixed! What does c-time say about this?

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
If it's fixed I wouldn't worry about it. It won't be a commonly known tell since only a very few rep watches will have the flaw and the flaw is present in gen as well.

Reactions: EasternMikey

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
no I don't really care...I don't worry also because it's really imperceptible, but I would have liked to know that there was already a correct version from the seller!

Reaps

25/9/22
Here are multiple pictures I've compiled out with additional proof of QC of E fixed for both \

Fun fact, I was told that the polar is selling extremely quickly but the black dial is not hot, so you might still see the "E" defect on the black dial - because they haven't sold out first batch of that yet. Funnily enough this mirrors gen sales, the polar Explorer 2 commands a premium over the black dial Explorer 2 lol

john442

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/4/10
The Cold Canadian North
Here are multiple pictures I've compiled out with additional proof of QC of E fixed for both \

Fun fact, I was told that the polar is selling extremely quickly but the black dial is not hot, so you might still see the "E" defect on the black dial - because they haven't sold out first batch of that yet. Funnily enough this mirrors gen sales, the polar Explorer 2 commands a premium over the black dial Explorer 2 lol

this makes me happy! putting an order in now, thanks

Reaps

25/9/22
this makes me happy! putting an order in now, thanks
Yes. I'm very impressed by Clean to be honest. They did put in hard work and probably alot of money to get the problems sorted out for this model. I see alot of whining and bitching about replicas but you have to give them props where they're due.

When I first saw the Clean Explorer E released, I saw a whole load of shit talk and crying and complaining and people swearing that Clean was "dog shit" - where are those people now?

EasternMikey

Getting To Know The Place
18/3/23
SEA
Fun fact, I was told that the polar is selling extremely quickly but the black dial is not hot, so you might still see the "E" defect on the black dial - because they haven't sold out first batch of that yet.

Let the waiting game begin!

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
but it would have been correct if at the time of purchase (a week ago) they would have informed me of the new release....but this did not happen...it is not exactly correct behavior...

Reaps

25/9/22
but it would have been correct if at the time of purchase (a week ago) they would have informed me of the new release....but this did not happen...it is not exactly correct behavior...
Do you have the watch in hand?

If yes, I hope you didn't remove the stickers. You can try to return your watch back and get a new one if you ask CTime politely, although be warned, sending your watch back to China is always risky and no dealer choses to accept the risk if your watch is seized by customs.

Furthermore, CTime is a dealer, not Clean factory, so how would he know if Clean was to fix or not fix these issues? It's like blaming your local employee at McDonalds when the decision was made by the executives 10000 miles away, they just have to do it.

Reactions: black69

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
no I didn't arrive but from the qc it is the model with the "and" it is wrong ... absolutely do not send anything back for obvious reasons but they are sure surely they knew that at a distance of a few days they would emit the correct model ... it's safe! but clearly they must now dispose of what was unsold ...

Reaps

25/9/22
no I didn't arrive but from the qc it is the model with the "and" it is wrong ... absolutely do not send anything back for obvious reasons but they are sure surely they knew that at a distance of a few days they would emit the correct model ... it's safe! but clearly they must now dispose of what was unsold ...
There's another solution. You can ask them to buy the Explorer 2 dial with the new E and get it swapped in, of course, it's a little expensive, but it's the replica game.

When I bought my Clean V1 GMT, only 2 weeks later the new V2 GMT came out. I spent $200 to upgrade the bezel to Xing bezel already, and now I would lose money selling my Clean GMT. Don't hold it against the dealer, it's just the way life is.

Reactions: black69