• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
CTime posted a picture of the gen dial they copied for this model, and it explains why they have copied the exact same E defect as well.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22

It goes to show TWO things :

1) "Gen" Rolex is not infallible - imagine the poo

2) You have to give applause to Clean for going to replicate so deeply that they even replicated this defect, even if it is wrong lol

I hope it also shuts up everybody crying about the E defect and shitting on Clean. "Rolex" is not much better.

ChaplinTz

Known Member
28/8/23
East Africa
Shame the people with the Gen rare factory dial misprint are going to have a hard time proving it after it's been repped to the masses 🤣

It goes to show TWO things :

2) You have to give applause to Clean for going to replicate so deeply that they even replicated this defect, even if it is wrong lol

I hope it also shuts up everybody crying about the E defect and shitting on Clean. "Rolex" is not much better.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Rolex branding and typography is not good. By that, I mean that it’s a complete shit show.

They currently use between 4-6 different logos on their watches. And an even greater number of different coronets.

The packaging has a different logo to the watch, which is different to the warranty card which is different to their point of sale backboards.

Their big ass clocks you see at events also use a different logo.

None of this is intentional - they are just really shit at brand implementation.

So there’s no value in sweating these details when the gen dials are ass.

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
Did they fix it already or are my eyes starting to fail me (image from my approved QC)?

Reactions: Reaps

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Isn't the C+ DW much further to the left?
Yes, and gen and Clean dw is farther right than the 2 & 4 markers. Just going by that cropped pic. I hope I didn’t blotch that post 😁

Reactions: Jossé