• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

Watchaholic73

"More is lost by indecision than wrong decision"
Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/7/23
Its a thing yes but pretty hard to spot without being under magnification same as the dial lettering. Although the dial letter looks a bit more noticeable mainly from a balance perspective. The bezel legends are less noticeable in general to me as they are not really in line.

But it is a tell for sure.
I agree. Not a "big" tell out in the wild. Mainly gor all the folks posting the in the Rolex forums. Lol

Reactions: TerryRobot

James19801980

Supporter
Certified
27/4/15
hUe5ZL.jpeg

hUeA9S.jpeg

hUeLsQ.jpeg

I love mine, small E is imperceptible to me. The bracelet seems particularly good to me on this one.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
So has anyone bought a black dial Explorer? Counting on since the model was released I haven't seen a single black dial QC yet LOL!

ChaplinTz

Known Member
28/8/23
East Africa
Got my QC today and approved. Honestly watch looks great with good numbers. I have been been holding off on the Explorer till this release for the movement and date window, as that is something I personally couldn't live with. The only detail that is off to my eye is the rehaut corronet 12 o'clock alignment. My VSF sub is perfectly aligned and I enjoy that detail. @CTbeforeLP pointed out earlier that perhaps a small dial rotation would be possible. I am slowly falling into this rabbit hole and enjoy my hobbies. So my question is to those with experience, is the a decent set of tools that is worth looking at or particular brand? Value for money options for an amature? Really the part that worries me is the removing of the hands and putting them back correctly.

Vlarioon

Getting To Know The Place
12/1/19
Ma resta comunque un ottimo lavoro da parte della fabbrica pulita.

Scmurray98

Getting To Know The Place
9/7/19
I’m so excited for mine. Should come in around three weeks 😎
Polar dial ftw
I almost didn’t order it due to the E and larger crown but apparently the crown thickness has been sorted?
Crown has been fixed. I ordered one from Steve and it looks great