• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Got lume pics!

In general these replica lume on VSF/CLEAN // high level replicas is pretty good, they're pretty much using the same lume compound/formula. However it's not quite gen level and there can be some uneven application (some markers will glow brighter than others) but for $500 it's very very good.

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
In general these replica lume on VSF/CLEAN // high level replicas is pretty good, they're pretty much using the same lume compound/formula. However it's not quite gen level and there can be some uneven application (some markers will glow brighter than others) but for $500 it's very very good.

Very nice...👍

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
but usually QC is sent soon after purchase.....
That is not entirely correct. Sometimes it can take 2 hours, other times it can take 2 months. It varies from time to time and depends entirely on which watch you order and its availability.

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
Ok ok it's true .. I thought it was immediately available .. I noticed after the QC of the defect of the "E" but honestly I don't care much .. it's an excellent replica but some "error" even if minimal, must be there ... I will live peacefully anyway 😁😁

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
so tempted...
but my gen 16570 dissuaded me from ditching her...
Well, honestly speaking, if there was a perfect 16570 out of the box replica made to Clean's level, with a VR3186, i would buy that instead of this 226570, I think the vintage 5 digit Explorer 2 is the last of the great "tool watch" Rolexes that were affordable.

The new 226570 has better specs, ok, sure, but the bigger dial, bigger lume plots, and kind of "cartoon" style hands makes it completely different to the 16570 in terms of the way they look.

black69

Known Member
10/8/23
ROMA
but excluding the orange writing on the dial, what are the substantial differences from the 226570?

Arie Bronstein

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/8/24
Here are multiple pictures I've compiled out with additional proof of QC of E fixed for both \

Fun fact, I was told that the polar is selling extremely quickly but the black dial is not hot, so you might still see the "E" defect on the black dial - because they haven't sold out first batch of that yet. Funnily enough this mirrors gen sales, the polar Explorer 2 commands a premium over the black dial Explorer 2 lol

Great post thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: mclarendude

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Black with fixed E rolling out it seems

hai0hp.jpeg

haiFQi.jpeg