• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean EXPLORER II 226570 black & white with DD3285 comparison Gen Vs. Clean

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I'll practice patience but as soon as they fix the bezel font being fat I'll buy one (crown is annoying but whatever)

Reactions: WobuffetRep

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Crown has correct Twinlock markings but the width of the wider Triplock crown…

What’s not to like. The case and SEL look on point. The vertical sunburst bezel brushing will be a stunner in person. Nice beveled edge on bezel, dial print, matching orange print and hands.

@CTime thanks as always for the detailed side by side. I wonder how many silly flaws we’d find without the gen beside it 🤔

Reaps

25/9/22
So apparently the thicker bezel font is a 216 vs 226 difference? I think Clean copied the 216570 Explorer 2 which has a thicker bezel font than the 226570....

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
So apparently the thicker bezel font is a 216 vs 226 difference? I think Clean copied the 216570 Explorer 2 which has a thicker bezel font than the 226570....

Well CTime mentioned that in the first posting;)

When we think about the older Explorer II 216570, the most obvious difference is the thinner bezel font like the black one from Gen in the pictures(this piece is old), and the white Gen is the latest version.

AggressiveTiger

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
28/4/23
USA
Looks like the domed markers on the white dial are pretty obvious in some lighting conditions.

The issue that sticks out to me is that they make the dial "pop" more than the gen dial, especially in the indoors photos.

oh58chrisn

Do not accept unsolicited offers
22/3/24
Thank you CTime for the awesome comparison pictures! I was highly awaiting that release, but I think I need to be patient for a V2. The major thinks that bother me are:

1) crown to thick
2) indices seem too rounded/ domed and not of a matt color instead being semi-gloss
3) font of the bezel

Thanks CTime and looking forward to an updated version.

Reactions: CTime

catana1981

Supporter
Certified
14/10/12
UK
I think we make too much of a fuss.
All this will be rectified in V2 🤣
We all waited for this watch a long time so it s normal to be a bit disappointed but this is the rep game.
The factories will never make a perfect first version, this way will never be any money to be made from a second version.
I think we have two options:
1: buy it as it is and change the Bezel and the crown with GMF or gen parts , or
2: wait for a V2, V3

WobuffetRep

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
17/1/24
When clean fixes the issues that black one will be an instant buy for me.

Reactions: oh58chrisn

Reaps

25/9/22
Honestly despite all the nitpicking. I think it's a solid first attempt. It's a niche Rolex model that is the least popular of all sports Rolexes so I'm glad they even did a version.

I mean hell the Explorer 2 is one of the few models you can walk into and probably buy one within a month of talking to an AD....

Hazey11

Do not accept unsolicited offers
11/6/24
Thanks Ctime for the extra pics vs gen. Orange Explorer II text on the black dial seems a bit dull. Reminds me of darker red seamaster on the ZF SMP300.

I dont necessarily agree with factories purposely getting things wrong on v1 with intention on double dipping with a v2 etc. I only buy NWBIG status, been there done the other and waste too much money. I have VSF 114060 Sub, 116500 clean v3 daytona and looking for a 3rd to complete my 3 watch collection and I'm done. Was hoping it was this clean explorer II. May have to go with clean v3 Pepsi GMT instead.

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
while as mentioned by others above on crown size, bezel font, STEEL INOX on clasp etc., personally I won't be bother as these will almost undisguisable when on wrist
very tempting to place order on a white 226570... guess I can let my gen 16570 more rest time should I pull the trigger

Reactions: 1il1i

slyclopse

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
15/1/17
UK
Honestly despite all the nitpicking. I think it's a solid first attempt. It's a niche Rolex model that is the least popular of all sports Rolexes so I'm glad they even did a version.

I mean hell the Explorer 2 is one of the few models you can walk into and probably buy one within a month of talking to an AD....
Not where I'm from! Been on the list for a more than a year now

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
Thanks Ctime for the extra pics vs gen. Orange Explorer II text on the black dial seems a bit dull. Reminds me of darker red seamaster on the ZF SMP300.

I dont necessarily agree with factories purposely getting things wrong on v1 with intention on double dipping with a v2 etc. I only buy NWBIG status, been there done the other and waste too much money. I have VSF 114060 Sub, 116500 clean v3 daytona and looking for a 3rd to complete my 3 watch collection and I'm done. Was hoping it was this clean explorer II. May have to go with clean v3 Pepsi GMT instead.
Clean V3 Pepsi GMT is not a NWBIG status yet.