• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling all omega PO fans and dealers , warning !!!

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
DrmMaster said:
Its unfortunate...they this was found out...But indeed....I would LOVE..to find a source for these!...

(UltraMariner)...... :lol:

the problem with this is , they may call it ultra swiss marner, lmao and the suppliers may charge ultra prices, lmao

joe

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
cybee said:
rbj69 said:
cybee said:
vaccum said:
cybee said:
he he I just checked all the movements I have and they all have the dark screw lol. OK so I'll take a polished screw and replace the dark one..voila lol..a real eta movement...oh well I'm good with the $100.00 ones too but still that screw is a mystery...have to send the Dark Side Investigative Team out tomorrow... :D

Wait a sec........real ETA should have the two dark screws

:eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :shock: What? 2 dark screws? Uh Oh gotta go check again.. Oh vacuum you are right there are 2 dark screws...whew it looks like I have ETA in my watches again..thank-you vacuum...oh the anguish of it all... :D

i think u r ok on the dark screws, man , just say it is a panerai movment , lmao see on what vaccum means they do indeed have two darker screws on eta (almost so shiney u cant tell they have been blued or something) but what i was saying was a big blue screw , and there is an indention beside the blue screw that a eta does not have , ok

hope that clears that up for u

joe

joe

yep...crystal, sort of.. :)

basically your screws r ok lol

D

d4m.test

:x i notice4 and will find the truth..........

ken

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
angel001a said:
:x i notice4 and will find the truth..........

ken

figure it out for us Ken,

like i said im not saying any dealers have anything to do with this, i really believe that the suppliers could be doing this ,all i can say is my customer told me he paid for a swiss eta at a premium price and it was infact what u see in my pics , that is the actual watch

joe

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i know the movement in this pic is a real ETA...now look ate the screw where you re- adjust when the watch is running fast or slow....very detailed increments and the detailed + / -

now look at the questionable movement from rbj.....also...compare how precise the ballbearing is pressed into the rotor....IMO the movement from rbj is totally a rep......

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
horologie_unitas said:
i know the movement in this pic is a real ETA...now look ate the screw where you re- adjust when the watch is running fast or slow....very detailed increments and the detailed + / -

now look at the questionable movement from rbj.....also...compare how precise the ballbearing is pressed into the rotor....IMO the movement from rbj is totally a rep......

u have to admit that whatever the hek it is , its better than the regular 21 jewel asians for sure, lol the chinese r getting good imo , even if they r using some gen parts in there reps,

i actually wouldnt think they would be hurting there sells much if they told the truth and sold them as what they r, it may hurt them more in the long run by not selling the truth if u get my meaning

nice find btw

joe

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Am I the only one that wants to know which dealer this came from? :shock:

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
Pugwash said:

No.

The suspense is killing me!

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
Pugwash said:

i know what u mean and i assure u that there is a good reason why i cant say , and mainly please remember i really dont think it is the dealers fault at the moment , but i felt i should let the buyers and dealers of this particular watch beware , also i hope that this is the only customer this has happened to , and if there r others i would expect soon we will hear about it and then we can see if it is a certain dealer and or if it is aross the board then we can tell if it is a certain supplier, i hope it is the suppllier and not just one particular dealer , time will tell

so please all that owns this new improved version , no mater who the dealer is, let us know if u got what u paid for ok

thanks

joe

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
rbj69 said:
so please all that owns this new improved version , no mater who the dealer is, let us know if u got what u paid for ok
I got an ETA in mine.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
yeah me to and mine come from river, i think it may be best to do it like that , that way we can tally up and see what is what

joe

vmena

9/4/06
I wouldn't mind getting this movement is price is better and same quality...

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
vmena said:
I wouldn't mind getting this movement is price is better and same quality...
... and if spares for the movement are available.

pammo13

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/4/06
The new "SUPER REPS" i.e... Angus's SteelFish has a very high price for with the ETA movement .

I hope they are the swiss ETA.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Someone suggested that this may be the "Asian 2824" that is in the PO Lite, but that is not the case. The PO Lite movement has no resemblance to the 2824 at all.

cntrl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/06
hmm..the sellita sw200. its also swiss but with an extra jewel (26). they used to license the design from ETA, but the patents are about to expire, so now they are making their own. I think we are conditioned to relate ETA to swiss...anything else is not...but that is not the case.

the movements can be found in a quite few high end watches (breitling, bregeut, oris, invicta, anonimo..etc. (I've read and looking to confirm))

alot of manufacturers are switching to sellita, as you all know of ETA's decision to limit their movement distribution to swatch group of companies only. like all companies, you don't wait for your supplies to get cut-off and then scramble to find a new source...you take initiative to minimize disruption in supplies.

looks like our rep factories are taking that initiative before eta cuts them off. :D

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
so if one pays $200+ for Swiss Eta PO and recieve a copy ETA, what will be the recourse? NONE. You know the dealer will say "Dis iz what I pay faw, supplier scroo mi!" Yeah right. On the other side of the world and worried about ethics in an already illegal business. We'll see. I paid for an ETA and will check when I get home tonight. If the stampings are not there I will contact dealer, and see his reply.

My watch runs great and looks fine, so should I even bother to open and maybe find dissapointment, or just wait till I send it to Joe for some Mods.

Natron

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Natron said:
so if one pays $200+ for Swiss Eta PO and recieve a copy ETA, what will be the recourse? NONE. You know the dealer will say "Dis iz what I pay faw, supplier scroo mi!" Yeah right. On the other side of the world and worried about ethics in an already illegal business. We'll see. I paid for an ETA and will check when I get home tonight. If the stampings are not there I will contact dealer, and see his reply.

My watch runs great and looks fine, so should I even bother to open and maybe find dissapointment, or just wait till I send it to Joe for some Mods.

Natron
Natron took the words right out of my mouth.
This is 100% my opinion too...I have had my Superocean for two weeks now and it runs super great. Should I open it?

I actually posted a question about this.
I asked : how can I tell if my SO is a Swiss ETA ? One member answered: if your crystal is double AR, your watch is Swiss ETA.... I am not so sure anymore.

LL

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
natron this is what im trying to figure out myself, what will be the recourse of the dealer or dealers, like i said earlier i hope it is only just this one piece , then maybe we can say a mistake was made , but if turns out to me in many of the new reps coming out then we have a problem

as to ones reply , i still would think the quality of the swiss eta is going to be in the long run far more durable than this imposter , but again only time would tell , hell some of the older asian movments r still ticking strongly

joe