• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling all omega PO fans and dealers , warning !!!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
daytona: I think you are OK. All my 2824's have the same dark blue screws too, yet real ETA... :)

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
cybee said:
daytona: I think you are OK. All my 2824's have the same dark blue screws too, yet real ETA... :)

Thanks,, Yeah,, I'm confident that mine is def a real ETA.

I'm really happy with it, Price was great!! and ... got here in 4 days (Midwest US)

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
I notice that there are a few of you who are still obsessing about this so I'll remind you once again that
the SW 200 is Swiss made by Sellita who in the past was better known for doing the skeletion work and other decoration to the ETA movements. They are in fact a reputable company and to illustrate this fact Breitling and Oris among others are some of the companies who are using the SW 200 as their base caliber movement now.

:D Again....

Nobody Panic!

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
OldeCrow said:
Nobody Panic!

So should I panic that I received what I beleive is a really nice eta movement?

infinitime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/06
We buy replica watches...

why not replica watches with replica ETA movements? As far as I can tell, the quality different between a "genuine" ETA (which is made in Asia) and a cloned ETA is pretty much the same. There doesn't seem to be a wave of discontent on the forum as to the quality of the latter. Provided that no one is misled, and prices are much cheaper, what's the harm?

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
They were misslead...Was sold as genuine Swiss ETA...

watchman987

26/3/07
Sounds like a great thing for the new Better Watch Bureau to investigate.

michaelbro1

17/5/07
Re: We buy replica watches...

infinitime said:
why not replica watches with replica ETA movements? As far as I can tell, the quality different between a "genuine" ETA (which is made in Asia) and a cloned ETA is pretty much the same. There doesn't seem to be a wave of discontent on the forum as to the quality of the latter. Provided that no one is misled, and prices are much cheaper, what's the harm?

The tolerances under 10-20 loupe is much different. An actual ETA's component are very finely milled, which is why you can achieve COSC specs with an ordinary 2824 movement.

signmeup

Banned
27/7/06
Sounds to me like we don't mind using the Chinese to screw Rolex, Omega, Breitling etc but you get pissed when the Chinese screw you as well. We are buying fake watches from people who make a living out of screwing the name brand manufacturers so why shouldn't they bend us over and screw us as well.

magagne

Known Member
28/7/07
daytona4me said:
Novesh said:
the first thing I did when I received my po was to open it and look for that eta stamp.

So let me go paranoid, Look at the quality of these reps,, you mean that they cant even create an ETA stamp?

I did the same :roll:
[smilie=iamwithstupid.gif]

Ho well, we need to trust our dealer, and TRUST is big word in this kind of business :wink:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Re: Re:

Bearcat said:
onj said:
Is This Swiss?? How can you tell?
]

well when you've seen a few genuine 2824's and compared them side by side with Asian and a 10X loupe it is real easy...I try to simplify it.

the quality of the markings underneath the balance, a novodiac shock system (until someone shows me an Asian movement with that type) 5 ball bearings rotor, general fit and finish among other things.

But to be honest I've had very good luck with the Asian movements, with the exception of some keyless issues...still I prefer an ETA 2824 any day of the year but becoming harder to source and high prices, well as someone once said, "whatcha do nephew". :D

Bearcat

Banned
1/10/06
Re:

signmeup said:
Sounds to me like we don't mind using the Chinese to screw Rolex, Omega, Breitling etc but you get pissed when the Chinese screw you as well. We are buying fake watches from people who make a living out of screwing the name brand manufacturers so why shouldn't they bend us over and screw us as well.

A wise man once said that "...There is no honor among thieves...."

---Doc

RobbieG

Banned
19/9/06
Off topic to the 2824's, but any word of these "hybrid" movements - or so to speak - showing up in the 7750 variety?