• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling all omega PO fans and dealers , warning !!!

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
cybee said:
he he I just checked all the movements I have and they all have the dark screw lol. OK so I'll take a polished screw and replace the dark one..voila lol..a real eta movement...oh well I'm good with the $100.00 ones too but still that screw is a mystery...have to send the Dark Side Investigative Team out tomorrow... :D

Wait a sec........real ETA should have the two dark screws

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
this just means we won't be paying that top $$ for crap "swiss eta 10000000% authentic!!" no one is going to care any more.

We are just going to buy cheaper asian mvmt watches and swap out swiss mvmts which we buy from other places...

FLIP954RR

Renowned Member
10/1/07
just checked mine-has all the swiss markings that rbj showed via his pics.

This is also the first time I've opened a case back :shock:

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
FLIP954RR said:
just checked mine-has all the swiss markings that rbj showed via his pics.

This is also the first time I've opened a case back :shock:

Great....!!!!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
rbj69 said:
cybee said:
he he I just checked all the movements I have and they all have the dark screw lol. OK so I'll take a polished screw and replace the dark one..voila lol..a real eta movement...oh well I'm good with the $100.00 ones too but still that screw is a mystery...have to send the Dark Side Investigative Team out tomorrow... :D

roflmao, hey u may want to keep the screw that way , that means it may have come out of a high dollar watch , find out which manufacturer did this as there signature and sell it back to them and double your money, lmao

joe

he he good idea.. :D I actually think in exchange for swiss parts the Chinese agreed to use all polished screws except one, while also agreeing not to borrow the ETA stamp...and why can't they Chinese duplicate that stamp? It's just three letters...or maybe they already have. :? :D

MZ

Known Member
23/2/07
sellita is a real swiss company by the way

These movements are used in the swiss invicta pro divers since this year

FLIP954RR

Renowned Member
10/1/07
oh i also forgot-thanks to rbj to bringing this to our attention and also thanks to cybee,rbj and vaccum for their pics-that made it easy for a noob like me to properly identify the mvmnt in my PO

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
lol...

joe, everybody knows that the Chinese factories absolutely cannot make copies of ETA..

you even know the 'expert' who will insist on this.. klinki was called liar to the people two years ago..

because of this.. lol

roflmao...\\\

how much of funny??

Way Much!!!

(is zimpozzible! said the froggy....)

Now, before any body becomes excite..

Klinki did not

post this!!!

:p 8) :shock: :D

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
vaccum said:
cybee said:

:eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :shock: What? 2 dark screws? Uh Oh gotta go check again.. Oh vacuum you are right there are 2 dark screws...whew it looks like I have ETA in my watches again..thank-you vacuum...oh the anguish of it all... :D

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
what is most interesting..

when a copy becomes exact as to an original..

what is it?

a fake?

if you can't tell.. well.. it is genuine original..

lol

remember.. Chinese not allowed to make exact copy of anything

especially eta markings and screws correctly finished..\\

roflamao!

and if is exact to specifications.. what difference anyway?

think about second or twice..

k

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
what could possibly be the motive to copy eta...

hmmmmm

damfino!

:shock:

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
Klink said:
lol...

joe, everybody knows that the Chinese factories absolutely cannot make copies of ETA..

you even know the 'expert' who will insist on this.. klinki was called liar to the people two years ago..

because of this.. lol

roflmao...\\\

how much of funny??

Way Much!!!

(is zimpozzible! said the froggy....)

Now, before any body becomes excite..

Klinki did not

post this!!!

:p 8) :shock: :D

i remember , the chinese can copy a hair on your arse man, they r that good man, lol

joe

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
Emzy said:
Looks like it is the sellita sw200 movement

It is the same as the ETA 2824 but is assembled by sellita from ETA parts

http://www.sellita.ch/

hey it very well could be part that and part another, lmao , but it is not a swiss eta 100% imo

i do think they used the sw baseplate and or copied it , i cant say for sure cause i have never had a sw baseplate in myhands but i know about the company a bit but im not familiar with eta letting some other company even those guys use there parts to make an eta copy , now i do know eta will decorate a movmetn and or tweak one to meet a watch manufacturers specs

nice addition btw

joe

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
Klink said:
8) :D

way to go joe!

k

this is funny , if i remember correctly certain well respected members and u got into it over this , lol

joe

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
cybee said:
vaccum said:
cybee said:

:eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek: :shock: What? 2 dark screws? Uh Oh gotta go check again.. Oh vacuum you are right there are 2 dark screws...whew it looks like I have ETA in my watches again..thank-you vacuum...oh the anguish of it all... :D

i think u r ok on the dark screws, man , just say it is a panerai movment , lmao see on what vaccum means they do indeed have two darker screws on eta (almost so shiney u cant tell they have been blued or something) but what i was saying was a big blue screw , and there is an indention beside the blue screw that a eta does not have , ok

hope that clears that up for u

joe

joe

DrmMaster

Banned
2/1/06
Its unfortunate...they this was found out...But indeed....I would LOVE..to find a source for these!...

(UltraMariner)...... :lol:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
rbj69 said:
cybee said:
vaccum said:
cybee said:

i think u r ok on the dark screws, man , just say it is a panerai movment , lmao see on what vaccum means they do indeed have two darker screws on eta (almost so shiney u cant tell they have been blued or something) but what i was saying was a big blue screw , and there is an indention beside the blue screw that a eta does not have , ok

hope that clears that up for u

joe

joe

yep...crystal, sort of.. :)